All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Lene new
      #108691 - 09/27/04 05:43 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I haven't really let me husband in on my little libido secret but he is happy nonetheless. It's definitely a use it or lose it issue. The more you use it, the better it works.

How's that for talking in code? I should be writing Seinfeld episodes!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

question about Effexor new
      #108985 - 09/29/04 08:30 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

My doctor just recently increased my dose of Effexor from 150mg to 225mg. I increased it gradually by taking 150 + 37.5 for a week and then 150 + 75. Well, now the past couple days I've been real emotional and kind of "down in the dumps". Not sure if it is a side effect of too high of a dose. or if it could be PMS. My tummy is doing great on the higher dose. I requested to increase from 150 because I was feeling "edgy" again and my IBS was flareing up again. But now I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do. I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see if it goes away after I am at that "time of the month". But it would be helpful in knowing if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.

Re: question about Effexor new
      #109036 - 09/29/04 12:13 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hey, Nugget!!!!

I wouldn't think an increase in an AD would make you feel down in the dumps. You may need more of it---and it hasn't taken effect yet. But it's probably just PMS. I get like that every month!

Further update on Lexapro new
      #111963 - 10/11/04 04:12 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I thought today would be a good day to update, because I'm in the middle of a D attack. That's right - Lexapro hasn't cured me. Just a reminder that nothing is guaranteed! But I will say that this D attack is a LOT less severe than attacks used to be for me... no cramps, no nausea... and Lexapro is the only medication I'm taking, so I credit that for making things better.

Also, I'm still feeling pretty good mentally and emotionally - had a very, very stressful couple of weeks, and didn't have a single problem until today - and I haven't had a SINGLE panic attack since starting it. I used to have panic attacks several times daily.

I'm a little disappointed that I'm still having D at all, but it's a good reminder that a pill isn't going to cure this and I still have to watch what I'm doing and manage my stress better. Over all, I'm still very pleased with the Lexapro.

Re: Further update on Lexapro new
      #111967 - 10/11/04 05:30 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well Dang!! I am sorry your having a attack !!! I am glad to hear it is not as bad though!!! Hope you feel better soon and can get some peace and quite SOON!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#111972 - 10/11/04 07:40 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Glad to hear the Lexapro has helped. I really liked it. As soon as I can, I will switch back to it. I just upped my zoloft dose from 50 to 75 to see if that will help me. When I was on the Lexapro I still had some IBS issue's but not nearly as severe and like you, my anxiety and panick was just about gone!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Antidepressants How have they worked for you? new
      #111975 - 10/11/04 08:17 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I don't know how I missed this post! Here's my two cents. AD's have helped me SO MUCH! I feel like a completely new person...actually... I feel like my old self again.

They have helped with my IBS-related abdominal pain 85% of the time. I still have to be careful about what I eat, of course. I hardly ever get 'd' anymore and the only thing I do get is gas here and there. But I take soemthing to relieve that when it happens.

But something unexpected has happened. It has helped my mood so much. I'm not as uptight and irritable as I guess I must have become. I laugh and smile WAY MORE and gernerally have way more good days than bad ones.

Right now I can honestly say that I plan on taking them for quite a long time.

#111977 - 10/11/04 08:23 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am so glad you are doing better !!! I also love my AD's. I am a much happier person now. I feel like my oldself again to. Isn't it great!!!!
Good luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#111980 - 10/11/04 08:32 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hi Casey - sorry you are having an attack of D, but glad that mentally you are doing okay. I take Lexapro as well, and it has eliminated the cramping for me too. My Dr. wants to up it to 20 mg, but I don't think so. My libido is very low as is, I do not want it to completely go away!

Take care, this too shall pass.

{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#111988 - 10/11/04 08:49 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It is great!

Good luck too.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 56827

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review