All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Carrieokie new
      #108087 - 09/24/04 04:26 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am glad that they have helped you some! I feel the same way my pain is a lttle better but by no way gone. I hope the sleep thing gets better after awhile. Keep us posted and let us know how you do.
Thanks & Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Antidepressants How have they worked for you? new
      #108324 - 09/24/04 10:04 PM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I am on Paxil CR 25mg. I started on paxil 20mg about 3 yrs ago and had affects of sex life but, only lasted about 3 months. It was not strong enough after that many yrs and now on Paxil CR and has had no affects. I also take Kolonipin for panic attacks in the car. I have panic attacks in the car for fear of the big D in car and not being able to get anywhere fast enough. I get a slight headache but, that is it. I also am supposed to take pamene forte but, it causes my chest to feel very heavy and tired so I don't usually take that. Kolonopin melts in your mouth and takes affect quickly. Beth

I've been on a few new
      #108443 - 09/26/04 09:44 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Celexa was my first because of anxiety and panic attacks. I was also prescribed valium for times of extreme anxiety(flying is my #1). I was also in counseling at the time so I think the combo helped. Gained alot 50lbs over the 2-3 years I was on Celexa. I always felt like I was starving! And no sex drive. I am now taking nortriptylene which was helped with my IBS-D and cutting of my anxiety signals to my GI tract by 80%, no side effects ex. constipating which is what I needed. Just saw a psychiatrist and we are starting from the very beginning. I am going off Prozac weekly and seeing how just the nortriptylene does. He really likes Lexapro so I might end up there for my anxiety and panic attacks. It really is all a game of chance with everybody reacting differently to each drug. This is a really good thread idea I am adding it to my favorites.

--------------------
IBS-D

#108456 - 09/26/04 12:48 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Good thread, Heather. I finally had time to read it.

I take Effexor, currently at 262.5 mg. I take it as a maintenance dose to prevent my clinical depression from coming back. I really like it. No sex drive but that's fine with me! It didn't help my IBS at all though.

I also take an older AD called Elavil. It's one of the old tricyclics that causes mega major dry mouth. Like a camel slept there overnight! I take it for my fibromyalgia sleep disorder. Currently taking 150 mg at bed time. It does have the side benefit of being slightly constipating so it has helped my IBS a little, which is nice.

Also in the past took Zoloft, but it started giving me headaches, so she switched me to Effexor about 5 years ago.

But AD's alone weren't enough to stabilize my IBS. It took Heather's diet, SFS and prescription antispasmodics to control it. It's possible I need the Elavil too. Might be interesting to see what happens with the IBS if and when my doctor ever thinks I should come off the Elavil.

Hope this helps. I don't feel very coherent today, cause my head's all plugged up with a cold.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re:Laura Sue new
      #108464 - 09/26/04 01:26 PM
heather7476

I also used to take evavil at 150 mg for the pain I had with vulvadoina S/P?. I would go months without any pain. I stablized at 75mg but after 5 years I ended up at 150mg. Stress was a majior trigger for my vulvadonia. It is gone now after I had my daughter it never came back. I am thinking it might help the pain from this to. The only reason i haven't brought it up to my doctor is I gained a ton of weight on it and you can't be pregnant on it. I am not sure how much more of this I can take so we may just decide to thank god for our daughter and stop trying
I don't know. just wanted to share with some else on evail. It did make me sleep like the living dead to.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Heather Robin new
      #108465 - 09/26/04 01:29 PM
heather7476

Thanks for responding. I know there are so many out there and they work so differant for everybody. It can be a bit frustrating. I am hoping that we can all find the mix that helps us.
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: FemBeth new
      #108468 - 09/26/04 01:58 PM
heather7476

Thank you for sharing. I hope you are feeling better. Was your IBS helped or made worse by any of these. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Good LUCK

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Michele new
      #108469 - 09/26/04 02:04 PM
heather7476

You sneeked your post in there and I just saw it today. Sorry.
As you know I am taking the zoloft to. I hope you are doing ok on it. Getting pregnant and IBS is not the most fun thing in the world. I know it will happen soon hon. Good Luck and keep us posted.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Lene new
      #108495 - 09/26/04 03:53 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Thanks Heather.

I hope my sex drive returns when everything is "stable". I do not want an increase in Lexapro, my friend may just up and move out!!!!! (LOL)

He is very understanding and we have had some encounters. Slow to start, but good finish.

Thanks for thinking of me.

You are in my prayers, all of you, always.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#108513 - 09/26/04 06:52 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am on three Effexor capsules per day (since 2001). They will have to pry them out of my cold hands to get them away from me. They helped me climb out of a deep well of crippling anxiety.

I am not crazy about SSRIs (Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft) because they seem to interfere with my sleep patterns. But other people have had good luck with them.

It's very important to get counseling along with the meds if at all possible. Research shows the two work much better hand in hand.

If at all possible it is best to go on them very slowly and go off them very slowly. Start with tablets and go up a quarter tab every few days. Then you can switch to capsules.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 57139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review