All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
RE: Nobody's perfect -- I cheated last night big time. Let's hope I don't pay!! - I SURVIVED!!
      #106048 - 09/15/04 01:33 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yeah, just so that nobody thinks I'm little miss perfect with my 8 months no D, I'm forcing myself to confess. I ate ICE CREAM last night! I was PMS'd out of my mind and the craving was just too strong. So far no bad effects but I may have set myself up for an attack later today or tomorrow. Dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Worms!

Moral of the story, NONE of us can follow the diet perfectly all the time (even Heather confesses to the rare piece of chocolate). God didn't make us perfect, he made us perfectly human! So we're all gonna cheat sometimes. The trick is not to beat ourselves up for it and just say oh well and get back with the program! If we're lucky, we don't pay, but if we do pay, we know how to get back on track again. Right?!

Cheers everybody!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tsk tsk! new
      #106049 - 09/15/04 01:36 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Ok, I'm just kidding, I'm not going to scold... you are SO right, Laura, nobody's perfect and we all "cave" now and then! Here's hoping your little cheat doesn't mar your 8-month-plus record!

Re: Nobody's perfect -- I cheated last night big time. Let's hope I don't pay!! new
      #106054 - 09/15/04 02:00 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Amen sister.... I had to confess in my report yesterday that I ate a 300+ calorie choc chip cookie!! Hey, next time we should split it so we both get to have both cookies AND ice cream!! hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Nobody's perfect -- I cheated last night big time. Let's hope I don't pay!! new
      #106056 - 09/15/04 02:07 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I can totally understand your little frozen indiscretion. I usually have Soy Dream Lil'Dreamers, but I've actually been experimenting and I've found that I can get away with a small cone of Tasty-D-Lite. I'm sure you've seen a billion of them around the city. I don't get so much as a gas pain from them, especially if I take some equalactin or sometimes a Levsin.
Anyway I hope you don't get sick. I have a feeling you won't, since you've been so stable.
Congrats on the 8 months, by the way.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Another cheater..... new
      #106063 - 09/15/04 02:19 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey LS,

Glad to hear you are human. Heh! Well, I ate at Dairy Queen today with my mom. I was feeling so good I forgot the rules. I must confess, I really enjoyed it. If I pay tomorrow....so be it. Let's hope that both of us make it through without any problems. Keeping the Imodium handy just in case.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Join the club new
      #106072 - 09/15/04 02:28 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Laura,

We all do it, cheat. It just can't be helped sometimes. I find if I have been following the diet and cheat a little bit I am usually ok. It is when I get frustrated and start cheating all the time that it catches up to me.

Here's wishing you good luck that you won't pay for splurging just a little bit.

--------------------
Janey

#106074 - 09/15/04 02:33 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I cheated with ice cream AND choclolate AND lasagna last Saturday. Boy did I pay for it though.

#106083 - 09/15/04 03:15 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I ate a chesseburger two nights ago. I payed big time!!!!!!!!! I have decided no more RED MEAT it kills me everytime. I had D-Q a couple of weeks ago and was fine so I don't know. This IBS is a crazy thing. I hope you don't pay Laura. Thanks for sharing though now I don't feel so bad.
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Ahhhhhh....LauraSue new
      #106102 - 09/15/04 04:55 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Yeah, I imagine you are so disgusted with yourself...but hey!
Didn't the icecream taste good while it was going down???
What's done is done. I really hope and pray you are stable enough where this little indisgression (sp??) won't send you to do time in the 'little room'....you continue to be an inspiration to me no matter what you ate....good luck and keep us informed..
Janene

Re: cheating-me too-must be something in the air!! Hope you are ok- nt new
      #106115 - 09/15/04 08:04 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

#106118 - 09/15/04 08:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

speaking of cheating..

I work at a really yummy health food all organic restaurant.. thats really expensive and has great food..

tonight we had some extra food.. and the only things left..

pot roast, mashed potatos and porkchops..

I cheated three ways.. haha

--------------------

Re: RE: Nobody's perfect -- I cheated last night big time. Let's hope I don't pay!! - I SURVIVED!! new
      #106255 - 09/16/04 11:24 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, everybody!! I SURVIVED!! But a very close call. Last night I had my dinner ready but as I was about to eat, I realized my tummy was SERIOUSLY grumbling. I knew if I didn't do something quick it was going to be D City for me! So I took two Imodium and made a cup of peppermint tea and drank it and waited half an hour til I was sure my tummy was okay, then sat down and ate my dinner!

I love all your comments, especially yours, Shell -- definitely let's split our cheats next time so we can each have cookie and ice cream! On second thought, WORMS!!!

Thanks everybody!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: RE: Nobody's perfect -- I cheated last night big time. Let's hope I don't pay!! - I SURVIVED!! new
      #106259 - 09/16/04 11:31 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Hi, everybody!! I SURVIVED!! But a very close call. Last night I had my dinner ready but as I was about to eat, I realized my tummy was SERIOUSLY grumbling. I knew if I didn't do something quick it was going to be D City for me! So I took two Imodium and made a cup of peppermint tea and drank it and waited half an hour til I was sure my tummy was okay, then sat down and ate my dinner! Oh, I'm glad it all turned out alright!

I love all your comments, especially yours, Shell -- definitely let's split our cheats next time so we can each have cookie and ice cream! On second thought, WORMS!!! Yeah, even better!! LOL

Thanks everybody!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1721 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1687

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review