Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
So Sick and Tired!!
      #105787 - 09/14/04 09:24 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hello everyone!

I hate to whine but I have a cold and feel awful!! I have a stuffed up nose, sore throat, and all my muscles ache. I am taking some Tylenol cold med and that helps a little. But the worst thing is that I feel like I have been run over with a MAC truck.

I don't feel like eating or drinking. I had bread w/ jam and 2 cups of tea yesterday and that was it. That ended up with me getting an attack of C and gas, but aleast not D. I got home from work and crashed. I whined to my DH and he hollered at me for not drinking enough fluids and said I probably dehydrated myself and that is why my muscles hurt. He made me drink 2 huge glasses of water, I had to pee all night long. So I am even more tired but my muscles don't ache as much.

The thing is I have been feeling really tired lately even before the cold. I fall asleep at my desk at work and jerk my self awake. I can't get out of bed in the morning and have been running late getting kids to school and then I am late for work. I went to GI the other week and told her how tired I am and she took blood tests and said they all came back fine.

Anyway, so now on top of already feeling tired I have this cold and I have to work. I am on deadline to get a layout finished to go to the printers.

Thanks for listening,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So Sick and Tired!! new
      #105789 - 09/14/04 09:42 AM
Organic Gal

Reged: 09/07/04
Loc: Southwest U.S.

Well, I'm not trying to sound like your DH or your mother, but I have two pieces of advice for anyone who is tired: more fluids (I drink 4 liters a day, but 3 should be enough), and be sure to get your exercise. By exercise, I mean sustained, for 30 minutes, at least 4 times a week (I walk 3 miles every single night). Lots of people say that they "run themselves ragged at work" or "chase kids all day" -- those aren't the same. Exercise and proper hydration are crucial to all of us, and can affect us by making us feel exhausted.

OG

--------------------
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

#105793 - 09/14/04 10:16 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

That stinks to have a cold on top of feeling rundown anyway. I know what you mean about being tired all the time - I am too, and it is sooo frustrating. I feel like all I want to do is sleep I agree that staying hydrated and getting exercise should help. I need to follow that advice myself

Hope you feel better soon!

Re: Fluids and Exercise?? new
      #105803 - 09/14/04 11:05 AM
Tissy

I am usually really good at drinking plenty of fluids but yesterday I just didn't feel like I wanted to eat or drink. I feel a little better today and so far I have had 24 ounces of fluid and the day is still young. I am trying to force some food so I don't have another attack, but all I really want is to curl up in bed.

I am not so good at the exercise thing. I get home from work and fix dinner, run downstairs put a load of clothes in, run back upstairs load the dish washer, and then after dinner I put away clothes while supervising the kid's bathtime and then it is already bedtime. I don't know where to squeeze in exercise and I am not particularly fond of it. I don't even know what to start with walking, running, aerobics??? Is there something I can easily fit into my daily routine?

What do you guys do for exercise?

Thanks,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: Fluids and Exercise?? new
      #105877 - 09/14/04 05:34 PM
Organic Gal

Reged: 09/07/04
Loc: Southwest U.S.

If you want to get exercise, you'll always find the time, but if you don't, you'll always find an excuse! It's my number one priority -- if anything threatens to get in the way of it, people better steer clear of me, because I'm not so nice!

As far as what to do for exercise, do what you like -- that's the only way you'll stick with it. There are so many options I couldn't list them all, but some of the easiest to stick with are walking or perhaps a videotaped program (like Tae-Bo or something) for when you have to be indoors.

That twenty-four ounces you're talking about isn't even a liter (quart), so get busy drinking. I have 4 of the one-liter reuseable bottles, and a Brita on my faucet. First thing in the morning, I fill them all and make sure I get through them by the end of the day, just to drink plain, or to make into tea, etc.

Just like our IBS diet, it's all a conscious effort that soon becomes second nature.

OG

--------------------
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

#105933 - 09/15/04 01:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Do make sure you drink lots of water - ginger tea with honey would probably help your cold as well!

Make sure your doctor checked you for aneamia and checked your thyroid function! I was going to my GP for months with excessive tiredness and she'd done blood tests, but lord only knows what for!

Sounds like you were getting really run down. I recommend taking vitamin C and Echinacea to boost your immune system - I take that and a multivitamin. Any exercise is good - walking is probably the easiest way to start! Btw, have you had trouble with tiredness and muscle pain for long?

Good luck! {{{HUGS}}}

Linz new
      #106021 - 09/15/04 10:58 AM
Tissy

I am going to try organic gals advice with the amount of water, by the end of the day my teeth will probably be floating. I am such a sissy about water, I am only recently starting to be able to drink lots of it since I don't have a choice. It is either water or herbal teas on this diet.

I have been to the doctor in the past about my fatigue and they did check me for anemia and thyroid but all came back normal. I have had this fatigue problem on and off since my IBS started 7 years ago. I know it is probably just the IBS in general, but seems to be worse lately. I don't usually get muscle aches all over like this. All though I do get frequent leg cramps and foot cramps. My DH says it is b/c I don't drink enough fluids.

I found a Celestial Seasonings tea called Echinacea Complete Care Wellness Tea and have been drinking that for the last 2 days and I do take a multi-vitamin but I could take an extra vitamin C. My co-worker recommended B12 to me for energy?

I need to find a exercise program I can do indoors after work so I can take care of laundry,dinner,etc. while doing it.

Thanks for your help,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Organic Gal new
      #106022 - 09/15/04 11:05 AM
Tissy

I wish I had your drive for exercise. I think I need a drill sargeant to get my butt in gear. I think I will try the videotape idea though since that is indoors. That way I can throw a load of laundry in or throw dinner in the oven or the kids in the bath while I do it.

I will also try to intake more water, maybe work my way up to 3 liters. I never really enjoyed drinking water but on this diet I don't have much choice. It is water or herbal teas.

Thanks for your advice,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: Organic Gal new
      #106029 - 09/15/04 11:43 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi Christie!

I am totaly with ya! I find it nearly impossible to drink enough water...and to exercise. I used to love it until I injured my knee (years ago), and now I just loathe it! walking is just too slow and I can't run anymore and I haven;t found a good substitute. Hubby and I don't own a television...so no videos for me...

Could it be that I feel achey from not taking in enough fluids? sheesh! Who knew? (Ok, so my hubby says the same your does!) LOL

I've thought about making a large pitcher of herbal tea and heating it up as needed so that I always have "juice" around. I miss having flavored fluids...and I'm hoping this will fill the craving. Has anyone ever tried this?

How are you feeling today Christie? Have you tried the Echinacea tea yet? I hope it's yummy in your tummy!

Hope you're feeling better...let us know how you get those fluids in and how exercising goes!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Organic Gal new
      #106030 - 09/15/04 11:54 AM
Tissy

Hi Ruchie! You are so sweet! Someone who agrees with me on the exercise and water. I know I have to do it, but I don't wanna!

I tried pre-making peppermint tea and then either heating it up or drinking it as iced tea and I didn't fair very well. But I think it was a mental thing, I just really want a drink with flavor like a Coke. I am going to try some of Heather's smoothies see how that goes.

I feel a little better today. I have tried the Echinacea tea and it was not bad but the only tea I really like is Celestial Seasonings Tummy Mint Tea. I would swear by it for comforting an upset tummy at least for me. I tried it after someone else on the boards suggested it. It is yummy!

Thanks for the well wishes And I send them right back atcha! I hope you get through this rough spot in your life ASAP and get healthy.
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1582

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review