All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
not feeling well........
      #105406 - 09/13/04 05:59 AM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

Im in a groove of getting sick every other day...... my mom wont make an appointment with my doctor to see if there is something wrong with me, and when i stay out of school..... she just gets mad at me and it makes it worse, i have missed around 5 days in the past 2-3 weeks and i only have 10 days to miss a year in school and i dont know what to do!
Is there any way to get out of this groove?

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: not feeling well........ new
      #105407 - 09/13/04 06:05 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

wow. I am so sorry. What is your mums reason for not making you a doctors appointment? does she not believe you have ibs?
what are you eating? what are your symptoms?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#105409 - 09/13/04 06:11 AM
pcgeek43505

she knows i have IBS because i went to the doctor.... she just says they wont do anything for me, thats always her reason. I know they can put me on something atleast to try. My symptoms are the day i feel good i dont have a bm and the next day around 9-10am i just get really sick and start using the restroom unless on saturday which is around 1-2pm. I felt fine for around 5 months at the end of last year and beggining of this year until i went on vacation this summer..... i got sick and have been bad ever since.

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

#105410 - 09/13/04 06:16 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

what do you eat on a typical day?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#105414 - 09/13/04 06:23 AM
pcgeek43505

on mon-fri i have a blue berry muffin, chicken sandwich for lunch..... sometimes fries, and for supper, it matters on whats cooked, normally something with beef, sometimes chicken. I have started drinking water but every once in a while i have to have a sprite because i love the taste.

--------------------

#105418 - 09/13/04 06:29 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

It's hard to say without knowing all your symptoms. Have you tried eating the safe foods & staying away from triggers? Do you take Imodium? You might want to try it as a preventative before you get "D".
Keep a food diary and try to figure out what you eat on the bad days that could be causing this.

I think the doc could help you, too. Why don't you give it another try and ask your mom to take you. You might mention that a lot of the people on the boards are helped by meds. You certainly don't want to miss too much school. Are you old enough to go to the doc by yourself?

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#105420 - 09/13/04 06:34 AM
pcgeek43505

my symptons are dull pains in my belly, it hurts more when im using the restroom then it stops for about 5 minutes then it does it again. Most of the time its just D unless its a week like this one. Imodium makes me like this, but im not taking any meds. I think mine is more stress related because i get sick in school more than i do at home and when i come home early, i feel a lot better really fast.
At one point... when i first started the diet i felt really good then stopped it and felt better than ever for the next 5 months. i was having normal BMs and everything.

--------------------

Edited by pcgeek43505 (09/13/04 06:36 AM)

#105429 - 09/13/04 06:46 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Sounds a lot like this is stress related. Is there anything at school that is bothering you? A teacher you don't like, etc. If so, can it be fixed or changed to make things less stressful. I have a nephew that is 14 and can't tolerate PE because of panic attacks. He was missing a lot of school because of this. They got him changed from PE to working in the office and he is fine now.

Good Luck
Barbie

--------------------

#105430 - 09/13/04 06:55 AM
pcgeek43505

I only have to take one year of Wellness (PE) and i did that last year when i was in 9th. I like most of my teachers..... they are all really nice. I get sick in a class i like a lot, Media Concepts. And when i get sick in that class, i miss the class i love the most, Computer Architecture. Im not sure, my attacks seem to randomly hit me, but i get sick a lot more at school.

--------------------

#105431 - 09/13/04 06:57 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble! Ask your Mum again about the doctor - there are so many medications that you can try, it is worth the visit!

in the meantime, how about you try a little harder with the diet. Try and avoid those fries and ask your Mum to make you low-fat stuff with chicken not beef.

Do you take a soluble fibre supplement? Diet and a supplement can really make a difference to IBS. I'd suggest you sit down with your Mum and try and have a talk about your IBS. She can really help you by buying and cooking safe foods and limiting how much bad stuff there is available to you at home (temptation is easier to resist if it's not right in front of you! ). Why don't you ask her if she'll have look at Heather's information on the website?

Good luck!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3393

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review