All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I love this board!
      #10496 - 06/02/03 12:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

With the help and support of this board I am learning what I can/can't eat! I'm doing better these days--I gained 5 pounds, finally got my period after 10 months (I was never pregnant--I checked every couple of months). I'm eating peppers, cheese, and cooked broccoli! I can't believe it! No gluten though!

Is it still possible I have IBS? Could I just be having a good time right now and the falre-ups will come back? Or, does it sound like the gluten is the culprit? I am less constipated (not taking fiber--eating it instead), not nearly as gassy, still bloated though-not as bad.

It is SO GREAT to be able to eat without AGONY! I hope it stays this way!

Thank you so much to everyone on this board--you've helped me more than I can tell!

I love you all!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I love this board! new
      #10503 - 06/02/03 01:24 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Ruchie, im so happy that youre doing so much better. Im doing pretty okay myself, my daily attacks have actually stopped and im getting back on track (Thank God) I think the fiber is really benefiting me and im daily prayers help as well. As far as the pd goes... im still waiting for mine to come....

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#10505 - 06/02/03 01:41 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It is possible to have IBS as well as celiac, but it definitely sounds you're on the right track. I would try dairy free. Have you ever been tested for lactose intolerance? I know dairy for me is my number 1 IBS culprit and bloater. That may help your symptoms. Try it and see if there's a difference.
So wonderful to hear someone actually feeling better for a change!
Hugs to you girl.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#10536 - 06/02/03 07:05 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is great Ruchie!!! Keep up the good work. How is your walking going? Do you still plan on walking in a Marathon in the future?
Barbara

#10559 - 06/02/03 11:39 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Ruchie, I'm so happy that you are doing better, I hope things carry on improving for you

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#10563 - 06/03/03 12:05 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Ruchie,
I'm so happy to hear that things are going better for you finally. I pray it continues, you deserve it!

Congratulations on working so hard to find answers for yourself, it sems you may have turned the corner which is fantastic.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#10628 - 06/03/03 03:32 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

Thats great that you are feeling better. One thing I have learned that all this takes time, and I'm kind of an impatient person when it comes to things taking time, but I have dealt with this and now I'm glad I changed my diet because I have felt better and this board has helped me tremendously. Glad you are feeling better

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 630

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review