All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)
This link isn't working either-nt new
      #131041 - 12/16/04 12:30 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #131045 - 12/16/04 12:35 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Dr David Fine
Consultant Gastroenterologist
BUPA hospitals in Southampton, Hampshire, UK

I don't know if GPs are to be included, but if so...
Dr Mark Orton
Sway and Brockenhurst Surgeries, Hampshire UK

#131046 - 12/16/04 12:37 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Is this post only for if we can refer a doctor or can we request help for finding one in our area as well. I live in South Suburbs of Chicago Illinois and seeking a doctor.

Sorry if this thread is only for recommending ones!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Dr. David Roberts Centra Care Clinic St cloud MN 320-229-4916- nt new
      #131206 - 12/16/04 06:50 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

Thats not far from me. Hello...fellow Minnesotan!

hello to you too Rylee! -nt new
      #131209 - 12/16/04 08:09 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#135391 - 01/05/05 01:39 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

Dr. Deborah Proctor MD
IBD Program/Internal Medicine
Yale Physicians Building...Yale Medical Group
800 Howard Avenue, 3rd Floor
New Haven, CT 06509

203-785-7012

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

#135428 - 01/05/05 02:29 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

My doctor is also on the list, Dr. Friedman in Austin. While she's incredibly smart and will make you feel better- she's not very nice. Or polite. But I got over that because I'd rather have a not-nice doctor do a good job than a really nice doctor who doesn't know what they're talking about.

#135444 - 01/05/05 03:33 PM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

Then you're sadly niave about the vampires in white coats,China-a "not nice" doctor who's extremely knowledgeable but has nothing for contempt for you because you're "just a stupid patient"-or "the cattle",as med students up here at Columbia University like to call them-will be more concerned about what they can get away with to pump up thier bill with thier lawyer's help then your welfare.Then again-there are plenty of "nice" doctors that kill or cripple patients on a regular basis to line thier pockets the exact same way and for the exact same reason.Nice,not nice is IRRELEVANT-the question is the one you need to ask yourself everytime they smile and tell you to just trust them,do this test,take this pill,etc:"Are you doing this for ME,doctor-or am I doing this for YOU?"The answer could save you a broken life. Trust me-15 years dealing with those bastards since high school with 2 parents with cancer and trying to be premed for 4 years myself.Now you know why I decided to become a biochemist.
Andrew L.

#135475 - 01/05/05 04:42 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Dr. Curtis Mark
Kaiser Permanete
Milpitas, CA

(408) 945-2933 (main Kaiser number)

Dr. Mark has been an extremely understanding GP and I will unfortunately have to leave him when my insurance runs out in March.

Although his knowledge on IBS is limited, he does take the time to listen to his patients and try to understand more about it. And if he doesn't know something, he tries to refer you to someone who does instead of ignoring your concern.

I've never met a doctor before who will listen, explain possible scenarios, and then further explain why a scenario is not possible or what you need to do to improve the symptoms. Dr. Mark does all of this and more!

Even though I probably know more about IBS than him, he was always willing to try new medications (within reason) or refer me to dietitions and gastro doctors to try to get to the bottom of it.

So hopefully if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and don't mind driving down to the south bay, you should definitely give Dr. Mark a try!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#135529 - 01/05/05 08:07 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Wow- Andrew, I'm sorry you have had it so rough with doctors. You seem to have quite a chip on your shoulder, but I'm sure you have good reasons for it. My best friend is finishing up her PhD in Biochemistry and my sister is working on her doctorate in Bioengineering, they are both very happy with their career choices and I hope you are as well.

I don't, however, think I'm particularly naive about doctors, especially when it comes to gastro doctors. I've had quite a few. What I was trying to say is that while I don't particularly like Dr. Friedman I *do* trust her. I believe, if you read my post again, that what you'll see is that I say I was suprised that she was so abrupt, but that it is irrelevant to my decision to continue to be her patient.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 131508

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review