All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients Can anyone ADD some names? new
      #291925 - 11/29/06 06:53 PM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #291936 - 11/29/06 08:44 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

I love my GI. Wonderfully helpful and very enthusiastic about his work. He did not skip any test or undermine my condition as being "common" like most PCP's. He stresses good diet instead of pumping me full of meds and always calls me back the same day when I have a question.

Shahram Javeheri: Mission Viejo, CA. (949) 389-0660

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients -Oakland/Berkeley new
      #291944 - 11/29/06 09:49 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

hi,
i am trying to find a good gi doc on the Oakland/Berkeley area.
thank you...and thank for this board

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Edited by sunspots (11/30/06 10:42 AM)

Re: A list of IBS doctors - anywhere on Long Island, NY Nassau County, NY new
      #291955 - 11/30/06 06:04 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

anyone?

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients -Oakland/Berkeley new
      #294966 - 12/31/06 10:02 AM
Tilden

Reged: 08/13/06
Loc: Bay Area

Hi there, I live in Oakland but lived in Berkely when I first moved up here almost 10 years ago. I went to a GI about 8 years ago. I did not see her extensively - IBS was already suspected before I was referred to her. She did my sigmoidoscopy and had me go in for a barium enema. I did really like her bedside manner. Hopefully you'll get some other recommendations as well. Good luck!

Dr. Lisa Higa

--------------------
Jen

Re: Philly area - Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #312692 - 08/06/07 11:45 PM
cjh

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I'm looking for a doctor in the Philly area (live in suburbs) who I can trust to take care of my 30+ years of IBS. It has been added by something else and I now can't even sleep at night due to restless legs (and arms) and especially painful cramping and spasms as soon as I lie down; I might as well work the night shift. The only thing that really lets me sleep is a powerful pain pill and I don't want that to continue. I've been dealing with it for 4 months and would really like to find out what's going on in there. Did you ever hear of SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth)?

Are you still doing well and what kind of medications did the psychiatrist give you? I know I need something to calm me down, but the MD is so damn scared to give me anything. I do alot better with valium at night to help calm things down and be able to sleep.

Thanks for your help.
Carol

--------------------
I AM WOMAN. I AM INVICIBLE. I'M TIRED.

#312696 - 08/07/07 05:00 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

I just started seeing one in Suffolk, but it's not too far from the border of Nassau - Mary Thomas in Bay Shore )

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#312722 - 08/07/07 10:14 AM
Gaia

Reged: 11/16/06
Loc: NY

My doctor is Robert Baranowski. He's in Setauket, NY.

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #312831 - 08/08/07 04:29 PM
jewelie

Reged: 08/07/07

doctors in wisconsin please

--------------------
i guess i have had IBS for awhile now but it is acting up more lately. i have started the acacia and it seems to help with the IBS-D. iwant to be able to eat and go places without having to worry. no one understands my problem.

Bumping plus doc in New Jersey, one in New York new
      #358149 - 04/28/10 06:57 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Please note that this thread is pretty old so the docs in it might have moved or quit practicing.

My GI doc is:

Robert W. Schuman, MD
101 Old Short Hills Road
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
973-731-4600

He's not the slightest bit touchy-feely but is an excellent technical doctor. He supports the idea of Soluble Fiber for IBS but doesn't think much of eliminating red meat and alcohol. (I have to say he strikes me as a scotch and steak kind of guy). Here's what I've said about him previously:

Quote:

Dr. Schuman knows his stuff, but he's not going to give you his undivided attention for very long. I suspect he's be a good guy to see for tests and diagnosis - that seems to be his thing. I do well with him because I know I have IBS, treat it with Heather's diet, and go to him with specific questions about tests and meds. My only caution about him is that he has no qualms about prescribing meds that haven't been on the market long. Having been on Propulsid before it got yanked, I'm pretty cautious about new meds.

Today I would modify that to say he's a really good guy. When I went back to him in misery last Fall, he could not have been nicer.

When I was checking to see if I'd already recommended him in this thread, I found this reference to a guy in New York: old post

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1655 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 131179

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review