All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Grey's Anatomy - Oh, yeah (m) new
      #276402 - 07/31/06 08:20 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I have to admit I'm partial to Dr. McSteamy (the plastic surgeon Addison should have left her husband for) - rumor is he's going to show up again next season. And why doesn't Dr. Burke have a nickname? He's a doll.

Unfortunately, I've never had a doctor who looks like any of the guys on Grey's Anatomy - even the vet - although I've had a few who seem to think they do!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not to keep talking about Grey's but (m) new
      #276456 - 07/31/06 01:00 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I think George is so cute but doesn't seem like a doctor. My ob/gyn and GI are actually very handsome but not as handsome as the Grey's doctors. I think Burke is cute too.

I'm just catching up with this season as I just started watching it but am definitely on board for the long haul.

Sandy

Re: GI doctor in WV new
      #276499 - 07/31/06 05:04 PM
lissylou73

Reged: 06/20/06
Loc: West Virginia (IBS G&P)

Charles Honaker, M.D.
St. Joseph's Hospital
600 18th St, Suite 113
Parkersburg, WV
304-424-4644

--------------------
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
Albert Schweitzer

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients,NY NY new
      #278796 - 08/17/06 12:25 PM
demo

Reged: 08/15/06
Loc: New York

Was there ever a recommendation for a doctor in NY? I couldn't find one here..

#278876 - 08/17/06 08:47 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I see Dr. Paul Basuk, on E72nd street. He was recommended by another, person on the boards. (Daliatree who has stopped posting for now it seems). I like him - he's a good listener and will spend a lot of time with you especially the 1st appointment. He's strictly western medicine it seems, he'll listen to the other things I try but I he hasn't made suggestions about them.
Oh, I also had my colonoscopy done with Dr. Cwern who is part of the practice of Dr. Shimnaya (sp?) who apparently was instrumental in developing the colonoscope. They're supposed to be "the best" who knows though. They're not G.I.'s they do the procedures only.
I haven't tried Dr. Gerson (link below) but I'm interested in learning about him. he doesn't take my insurance and I also am put off by the drawing of him on his site! http://www.mindbodydigestive.com/ If you try him let me know.
Thats the best I can do right now! Let me know who you end up trying.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#278952 - 08/18/06 12:50 PM
demo

Thanks, Hawkeye. I saw Dr. Blechman (15th and 5th ave)a couple of times, but I don't think he's really into working with someone on strategy. I'd like to try the people at the link you left, but I'm not sure if they take my insurance either--we'll see.

Re: Philly area - Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #278983 - 08/18/06 07:01 PM
Fighting501st

Reged: 08/18/06

I too am in the Philly area. After many doctor failures, I found an excellent doctor from University of Pennsylvania:

David C. Metz, MD (Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania). 215-349-8222

Dr. Metz was the most thorough doctor I have ever been to. He took pages of notes, asked a ton of questions, and sent me for bloodwork and other dietary tests right away. After I was all but confirmed to have IBD, he actually understood that my #1 trigger was stress and anxiety; heck I could be eating the plainest bowl of rice or a banana and that triggered my symptoms (violent diarrhea). So he did something that none of my other doctors did: he sent me to a psychiatrist, who prescribed me with anti-anxiety medicine and I was all but CURED within a couple of months! I could eat ANYTHING without consequence! Too bad my psychiatrist retired (Dr. Stinnett) because he was awesome too!

#278986 - 08/18/06 09:17 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Good luck with it. Its hard to find someone you fit well with isn't it? I had a doctor who I liked very much because if nothing else she seemed very empathtic and listened well to me (angie eng). when I asked for my chart to be sent to another G.I. for a second opinion I was told by her receptionist that they would be willing to do that but I would be dropped from her practice! THis is after more than 7 years of seeing her! Well needless to say I moved on.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#279410 - 08/22/06 06:35 AM
demo

So, I called the Digestive Center and they don't take my insurance either, in fact, they only take United, probably b/c they're associated with Mt. Sinai, and that's their carrier. I did make an appointment with Dr. Basuk on your recommendation, but as a new patient, the first available appointment is late in October, ugh.

Bump because people unhappy with their doctors seem to be on the increase. -nt- new
      #285561 - 10/07/06 09:23 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 210 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 131177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review