All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: For Berky: Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #23120 - 10/11/03 02:09 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey marnie! Here's that list again, in case you wanted it: web page

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

For Heather- Re: Hypnosis for IBS new
      #23128 - 10/11/03 03:39 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Heather,
Thanks alot for the hypno link and I'll definitely look at Shawn's board as well. I've got my GI tract fairly well stabilized on your diet, although it took much longer to accomplish this than I'd expected it would when I began on it back in early August- probably b/c I have had such severe C-IBS sxs for so long. Also, the balance I've been able to achieve thus far is a "delicate" one. I can't imagine how much effort and time you must have put into figuring out all of what's in your books!!

So, now I've decided I need- and want- to take the time to learn about hypno. I want to know if they will help me to achieve an even better balance w/ managing my IBS, and moreso have more peace of mind that the balance I achieve will continue once I start to get a life again, which I dearly want to have. I miss the one I used to have so much! I was very involved in sooooo many things, both professionally and personally; somedays I feel like I've lost the me I used to be. The GOOD thing tho is that I've become a much more patient and focused person, . SO, once I'm a " bit" better stabilized- [primarily it's only my sleeping problem, that I posted about yesterday, that's limiting me now. Your thoughts in regards to my post yesterday would be great whenever you have the time]- I intend to turn my enthusiasm and energy to helping others w/ this nasty problem.

I feel certain that a cure for this mystery called IBS is possible, esp. now that it's commanding so much more attention in the medical and pharmaceutical world. These are 2 related, but distinctly different, "worlds" in which I'm very comfortable. In fact ever since childhood I've been fascinated by the processes of health and illness, which I'm sure is why I chose this direction for my profession. Anyway, time to get studying the hypno info. I've got high hopes that it'll help me as much as your diet has and then......watch out world! Hugs, LL

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: For Berky: Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #23137 - 10/11/03 04:44 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Marnie - that link is not working so go to www.webmd.thehealthpages.com the search from there.

Re Not to throw problems in here but new
      #23142 - 10/11/03 05:14 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I searched the list for my area and one of the dr. listed lost his license quite a few years back because of malpractice. I was looking beyond gastroenterologists. I notcied they listed my PCP in another city near here and my daughters pediatrician is not listed. He is newer. BTW the woman I went to when I had all the tests done has since lost her license. She isn't listed, which is good.

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #23163 - 10/12/03 10:05 AM
mamaraggi

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: Davie, Florida

Hello
Can you recommend a good doc in Fort Lauderdale Florida? Just got out of hospital for "complications of IBS" which boils down to putting a nasogastric tube up my nose for 3 days and being NPO, then liquids and now that I'm home very cautious eating. This is the third hospitalization for dehydration (from vomitting) and severe upper bowel pain. Can't go on like this. Won't go on like this! Thanks! Betsy

Re: For Berky: Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients-for Marnie new
      #23203 - 10/12/03 04:01 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

Thanks for your suggestions, Marnie! Actually at this point, due to following the recipes in Heather's book
and her suggestions such as eating french bread before salad in restaurants, I have been IBS attack-free since early July! So at this point, don't think I'll need a doctor, as medication doesn't seem necessary.
Let's hope it continues. Good luck to you!

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

For Mags: Re: For Berky: Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #23307 - 10/13/03 11:07 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Thanks Mags,
Found them both......the reg Doc is an internist..surprisingly LOL, but no info abt her ..even as to where she went to school! Got her when my GREAT doc got sick of the paperwork and went into varicose vein surgery, I think it was.

Notice that the GI.........states abt everything......but he does not state IBS. However, I CERTAINLY DID ask before making the appt.!!!

Read my 2 new new posts.........am at wits end!!!!

Thanks for all the help......!

Marnie

Re: For Berky & Kree Website for Drs. Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients new
      #24477 - 10/26/03 01:31 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Here's that Website for the Drs.

Marnie - that link is not working so go to www.webmd.thehealthpages.com the search from there.

--------------------
Marnie

Re: A list of doctors who are great for IBS patients - NJ? new
      #130946 - 12/16/04 07:26 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Anyone have a doctor in Northern New Jersey? I live in West Orange.

Heather's recommended doctor in Mt. Kisco; Zaftig1's doctor in Philadelphia; and Mags2003's doctor in Willingboro, NJ, are each about an hour away, so someone closer would be nice, although if no one else turns up, I'll probably try one of them.

Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Dr. David Roberts Centra Care Clinic St cloud MN 320-229-4916- nt new
      #131031 - 12/16/04 12:21 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 131115

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review