All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
FINALLY Fiber Options for Canada!!!
      #103718 - 09/03/04 03:54 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

I just wanted to let you know that recently I've seen some new fiber options in Canadian Drugstores. Until now I've only seen psyllium based products. The other day I bought a "Prodiem" product with the active ingredient of Calcium polycarbophil. This is the same active ingredient of the American prodcut "Equalactin". Be careful though, some prodiem products are psyllium based, so make sure you are getting the right now. CHECK THE INGREDIENTS! I have been taking it for about 4 days now with very good results.

Edited by kenneth (09/03/04 04:00 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FINALLY Fiber Options for Canada!!! new
      #103844 - 09/04/04 09:52 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I tried Prodiem when i first started taking a fibre supplement. I bought the granule kind that you ahd to follow with a glass of water. I disliked it because it felt like I was going to choke. But it did seem to work. I take the acaia now because I prefer how it dissolves in water and is tasteless. Actually, I find my body craves it around the times of the day that I take it (breakfast and bedtime).

#103876 - 09/04/04 01:18 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

I believe the granule kind is psyllium based. I had tried it before, and it worked alright, but i found it made stools very sharp. Not such a nice feeling

#105549 - 09/13/04 11:40 AM
paulina

Reged: 09/05/04

I checked out Toronto's Big Carrot dispensary and was directed to two non-psyllum choices: Fiberrific, which contains partially hydrolized inulin from chicory root, and FibreSmart, which contains a whole list of ingredients (defatted flax and Corage seed, guar gum, FOS, probiotic blend, fennel seed, L-glutamine, marshmallow root, slipping elm bark, Triphala, Beller...?, and Stevia leaf). I would prefer to use Acacia but they have never heard of it. I would be interested in hearing for anyone who has had any expereince with either of these two or any opinion about them with respect to their ingredients.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 866

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review