All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Birthday Supper - Havoc Prevention? new
      #1128 - 02/20/03 06:26 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I don't think this restuarant serves Angel Food cake. Unfotunately.

I don't know why I have so much trouble sticking to the diet. I just miss the grill cheeses and brocolli chedder soups too much! That was what us girls did when we got together was ate. I think the pain doesn't bother me so much because I lived with it for 7 years and although painfull - I find it even more disappointing when I try to be so disciplined and I still get "D". It makes me so frustrated that I just cry so instead of crying because of disappointment - I cry because of pain.

I don't that is so terrible, but I just hate disappointment so much.(As I sure everyone does)

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#1156 - 02/20/03 02:47 PM
Sue48

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: The Sunflower State: Kansas

I would suggest that someone bring the angel food cake along. As Heather has suggested, one good excuse to use is that you have food sensitivities/allergies, and cannot tolerate certain foods. Most people have a great understanding and respect for that. You are after all buying restaurant foods, so the place is not just letting you use the space for nothing.
I can well understand your disappointment...but your body does understand the difference of WHY you are crying...if it's from not having the foods you like (there's that gut brain working) or the foods!
Keep a smile on your face and try for the positive attitude.
I cry too, and my dear hubby always reminds me that my gut knows what's going on and the anxiety doesn't help. He's right.
Try to think of the best case scenario!
Sue

--------------------
Sue

#1159 - 02/20/03 03:00 PM
juniorrachel

Loc: St. Louis, MO

well, for my birthday i made a devil's food cake (from the box because i'm lazy, and they use cocoa powder in the mix) but used the "low fat" instructions: replaced the whole eggs with egg whites, and the oil with applesauce. ended up tasting great and didn't bother me at all. and Rice Dream on the side. man, i love rice dream! Whole Foods Market carries the whole line... vanilla, chocolate... mmm yeah

Beth

#1165 - 02/20/03 04:29 PM
Sue48

sounds,yummy, and worth a try. And something that might be carried to a restaurant as well.

sue

--------------------
Sue

#1181 - 02/21/03 06:16 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I have never tried to take outside food into a restuarant but I don't know if I would feel comfortable doing that - maybe I could make a cake that I can eat and invite the girls over after for some. Then I wouldn't feel like I am missing out because I have some waiting at home for me.

I will have to learn to relax more about my diet, but as everyone I am sure understands, its tough to change eating habits you have had all your life.

Thanks for the advice Sue,

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#1201 - 02/21/03 02:22 PM
Sue48

Lana,
You have to do what's comfortable for you...the idea of asking the girls over after the celebration is a great idea!

Sue

--------------------
Sue

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5251 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11695

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review