All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Same thing used to happen to me..... new
      #103341 - 09/01/04 10:04 PM
dagenj1

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

I felt great when I'd wake up thinking "maybe today will be different". Then after breakfast I would start to get nausea, brain fog, and feel very sleepy.

I started taking Effexor and now I feel like a new person...no more nausea, brain fog, or sleepyness!!! I'm a firm believer in brain chemicals effecting 90% of how you feel. I've always had problems with my brain chemicals.....comes with the territory of having extremely low cholesterol. By chance is your cholesterol low?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea and my sanity (ranting) new
      #103353 - 09/02/04 02:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh you poor honey! Nausea is so horrible. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Someone else might have mentioned this, but have you tried homeopathic remedies for nausea? They're not miracle workers, but they definitely help and maybe they could let you deal with one new drug at a time? There's a few that work for nausea...maybe ask at your health food store?

Another thing that might help is the wristbands you get for motion sickness - they work on a pressure point in your wrist.

Or have you tried OTC motion sickness stuff?

When you're happy on the Lexapro, get some kick-ass drugs! Something like dramamine, maybe? There are loads of options out there so something will work on you.

Stress and anxiety def. causes nausea in me and you've been going through a HELL of a lot lately, what with the house and your landlord. You are NOT going to have mega stress all your life, so don't be despondent. Just think about how nice it will be to move into your gorgeous house with your partner and your cats! Life will be easier.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Re: Same thing used to happen to me..... new
      #103387 - 09/02/04 06:30 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My cholesterol is normal. My blood pressure, however, is really low. Not dangerously low, not gotta-be-medicated-for-it low, but low enough that if it got any lower, that would probably be the case. Wonder if that has anything to do with it...

I'm hoping the Lexapro will be my miracle. For a short while yesterday, after taking it, I felt fantastic and it gave me a little hope. Then I went right back to not being able to eat. But it was only my first day... I know I have to give it time.

#103396 - 09/02/04 07:14 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

My cholesterol is normal. My blood pressure, however, is really low. Not dangerously low, not gotta-be-medicated-for-it low, but low enough that if it got any lower, that would probably be the case. Wonder if that has anything to do with it...

I'm hoping the Lexapro will be my miracle. For a short while yesterday, after taking it, I felt fantastic and it gave me a little hope. Then I went right back to not being able to eat. But it was only my first day... I know I have to give it time.

Oooh, me too! I have pretty darn low blood pressure, and I *know* it was lower when I was battling nausea on a daily basis ('cause I would faint a lot more). Are you getting enough salt, sweetie? Salt can be a great help - if you're drinking lots of liquids and have low BP, you really need it. Also, little salty snacks like pretzels tend to settle the tummy.

Just keep on keeping on. The stress will end, and so will the nausea if anyone on this board has anything to say about it!

--AC

p.s. I'll be crossing my fingers that the yoga helps too! If all the intense torso muscle work bugs you, just try to bike or walk or something where it's just your legs working. I find that sort of exercise to be the easiest to do when I'm feeling pukey.

Re: Important to address anxiety new
      #103521 - 09/02/04 05:19 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I hope the zoloft works for you. I have been on Effexor for 3 years and they'll have to pry it from my cold hands to get it away from me. While I still have major anxiety problems, I am at least able to function.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#103550 - 09/02/04 06:43 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Casey, I so wish I could offer up some magic--if love and care could heal the nausea, you would be feeling fantastic by now--isn't it great to be so loved and appreciated by so many of those here...you da Best, Lady!! This too shall pass...

#103556 - 09/02/04 07:08 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Awwww...Hope you are feeling better, I missed this post before.
Sorry I don't have any advice, I am not too experienced with nausea.
Just wanted to wish you luck and hope that you feel better.
And please, Casey, don't lose hope.
I am confident that you will be ALOT better one day.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Ridiculous side effects! new
      #103557 - 09/02/04 07:21 PM
jendear

Reged: 08/18/04
Loc: Missouri, USA

dear everyone ~

i can't even begin to tell you what encouragement this website and all the posts have been in my life! i always thought i was just "paranoid" or nutso to be scared of my tummy, scared to eat, and so stressed out over everything. it feels good to not be alone.

casey ~ i am so worried about you! *hug* i think everyone on here would honestly say we've had moments where we just don't want to be alive while we're experiencing an attack (of any sort!) as my best friend fellow ibs sufferer says, "can't i just rip my tummy out and go on with my life?!"

i'm excited to hear people share their positive experiences with effexor ~ my dctr prescribed it to me yest, b/c the wellbutrin wasn't working. for me, my nausea and anxiety correlates directly with my ibs attacks (that stat that says 60% of ibs sufferers are diagnosed with depression or an anxiety disorder makes SO much sense). i have generalized anxiety disorder with depression, and have found that my weekly counseling and yoga are helping immensely. hopefully the effexor will help too.

i get worried about the affect all my probs are having on my easy-going-never-have-a-pain-care-or-worry husband. (how did he fall in love with me???!!!) i feel so bad trying to explain my seemingly baseless fears of throwing up, having a heart attack, or passing out. any thoughts? he is so supportive, and i hate the idea of my issues affecting him negatively, b/c sometimes i know i'm hard to live with!

btw, i SOOO feel the crazy side affects thing! i think my doctor said it best yesterday, "OK jen, rule #1 - when i give you this medicine, you are NOT, i repeat NOT, to read the side affects, because if you DO, you WILL get them. just do not read them. do NOT!" lol. it is SO true. i know that legally they have to put EVERY SINGLE side affect on those little pamphlets for legal purposes, and i figure that for those meds that treat nausea, and for some peeps caused nausea, it just didn't work for those peeps, and wasn't necessarily the CAUSE. does this make sense?

anyway, sorry so long winded. love to all my ibs guys and gals...

~ jen

#104386 - 09/07/04 08:39 PM
dagenj1

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Interesting. I have extremely low blood pressure too! I wonder if that's what gives us unexplained Nausea?

One of the side effects of Effexor is it can raise one's blood pressure. I noticed my blood pressure went up to the normal range since taking it, hence no more brain fog and nausea! Hmmm.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 412 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21929

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review