Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Info for Casey new
      #103258 - 09/01/04 03:49 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Casey,

Sorry you still don't feel well. Here is some info on meclizine...it's like dramamine. Hope it helps.

http://www.drugs.com/xq/cfm/pageID_0/htm_D00859A1.htm/bn_meclizine/qx/index.htm

Feel better soon
Barbie

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Important to address anxiety new
      #103262 - 09/01/04 04:12 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I don't know if this is common knowledge but 60% of people with IBS also have an anxiety disorder of some kind. I am willing to bet that many people with IBS are undertreated for the anxiety component.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Important to address anxiety new
      #103263 - 09/01/04 04:14 PM
Cyndi31

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: New Jersey

I agree. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and told to lessen my stress. I was prescribed a med. but it gave me bad D so they told me to stop taking it. Now I'm just trying to reduce stress and calm down on my own.

#103271 - 09/01/04 05:04 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm inclined to agree. I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, I see a therapist weekly, and I just started Lexapro. I'm hoping that sooner or later, addressing the anxiety component will at least lessen - if not completely alleviate - what's left of my IBS symptoms.

Thanks Barbie! new
      #103272 - 09/01/04 05:05 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Heh... one of the brand names is Dramamine II... the same stuff LauraSue mentioned.

I'm a little concerned that it causes constipation, since I'm C right now, but I might give it a try in a little bit. Thanks for the info!

Re: Feel better soon Casey! new
      #103273 - 09/01/04 05:37 PM
Carrieokie

Reged: 08/29/04
Loc: Colorado

Hey Casey, sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I just ended 3 full days of nausea. I feel better today minus some lingering pain. Dealing with anxiety is an important thing to do. Our emotional health is strongly tied to our physical health. Given your history of substance abuse I would be very careful about anti-anxiety medications like Xanax. They are addictive and could create a bigger problem then they solve. If you decide medication for anxiety would be helpful please work with your doctor to find anti-anxeity medications that are not addictive.

I know that life feels hopeless sometimes. If you are feeling suicidal please get help immediately. When I first logged on to the message boards you were one of the first people who provided me support. Your ability to reach out to others is a great reason for living. I hope that your therapist is giving you a lot of skills to better deal with anxiety and stress. Behavioral techniques can be really powerful.

Hang in there and I hope you start feeling better.

Carrie

Re: Casey, Casey, Casey new
      #103276 - 09/01/04 05:51 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ughhhh, everyone is right WE can't stand to see you down like this. YOU are such an inspiration for everyone. You always have answers and even if you don't you still have your little way about you that makes someone feel welcomed. Please feel better soon Tomorrow is another day!

P.S. I was diagnosed with "generalized anxiety disorder" too. Went to a psychologist for some time who managed it with stress management techniques. I was only 21 around the time but I still to this day can talk myself out of an anxiety attack by relaxation and breathing.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Nausea and my sanity (ranting) new
      #103286 - 09/01/04 06:38 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm coming into this pretty late, but i just want to send you {{{{{{{{{{hugs!}}}}}}}}}}

Also, a little humor as I don't think anyone else mentioned it. Maybe you can get yourself some medical MJ and sit around the house tokin'! Suddenly all the housing worries won't seem like anything at all, and your appetite will be a doozy.

Just kiddin'. We all love ya and hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#103305 - 09/01/04 07:31 PM
taconno

Reged: 01/30/03

Hey, I just want to write that I wrote earlier about the Zoloft antidepressant and nervous about it. It is partially prescibed for my anxiety in public places due to the IBS. I'll let you know how it goes. Any other info on Zoloft for this would be appreciated!! Thanks to everyone for all of their support!!!

Re: Sweet Casey new
      #103337 - 09/01/04 09:44 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Oh my, you are having a crappy day. And thats ok, we all have them some are just worse than others. We just get to that breaking point and ask ourselves, why do I continue to live like this? Do I have to continue to live like this, an d Casey, I have been in remission several times in my life, some for long periods one was about 6 years. And we know you have been in some very difficult places and extremely trying times, and hey, you made it through all of them, and you will continue to do so. When you do get to have those tests, maybe they will find out what the problem is, I hope so, and I will be praying for you that they do.

You are always so uplifting to everyone and so kind and compassionate, what would I do without seeing your pretty face every day? Your posts mean so much to me, you are always so helpful.

I know that you are having a difficult time dealing with your body's reaction to things right now, it is going to get better. I went through a period of suffering nausea myself, every day, it would just not go away. I can't tell you what helped me, (there is a reason why, just a very long story) I just know that I worked through it.

Love ya Casey, you've just got to stick with it and what would I do not being able to hear about your vintage clothing that I do love so dearly too!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review