All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
What A Bummer, Casey! new
      #103168 - 09/01/04 11:43 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Will it never end???? It seems like if we get a handle of one thing (your d, for instance) then something else springs up (your nausea) I keep hoping one morning I'll wake up and be totally normal again; that's my hope. however, when I get down, I feel like you--why keep trying....the key is to keep putting one foot in front of the other, NO MATTER WHAT! You are truly in my thoughts and prayers. You're not alone in this. I know you said you can't do ginger. I hate tea of any kind, but about a month ago got desperate and bought some and decided to take just as if it was a medicine. I have lots of nausea in the mornings and so drink a cup of ginger tea with my acacia and it really does help! No, I still hate the stuff, but if it helps.......

Plus, the suggestion to exercise is a good one. Every weekday I get up at 5:15 and do my weight/aerobic tapes. Sometimes, its interrupted by bathroom trips and some times, I get to nauseated to finish the tape. But every morning I get up and try again. Plus, in the evenings after work, I either walk outside or walk on my treadmill. I swear by exercise; it helps my outlook and I really believe helps my insides...

Don't give up Casey; you've come a long way, baby! Lots of hugs to you!
Janene

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Casey new
      #103169 - 09/01/04 11:45 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating that must be to feel nauseous after eating! Maybe there's something wrong with your blood sugar. Hopefully, the doctor can figure out what's causing this when you have the tests run.

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Please don't say you don't want to live like this. I know you don't, but we are hear to listen to you and give you support.

Hang in there---and you can rant about this anytime. That's what we're here for!

Hugs to you () () () from me---and my 2 beagles!

Steph new
      #103171 - 09/01/04 11:47 AM
jeenerz

Loc: Northwest Montana

Hi Steph,
Noticed you are on amitriptyline (Elavil). My GI just put me on 10mg of it/day. I'm supposed to take it every night before bed in hopes of having a normal tummy in themornings. I'm a d and my problems occur within the first couple hrs of getting up. Have a spastic colon and it just seems like it doens't want to wake up in the mornings. Has the amitriptyline helped you at all? How much are you on and did you get any side affects?
Janene

Re: Dammit, Laura new
      #103183 - 09/01/04 12:10 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Casey, just a followup thought. I was feeling dizzy for no apparent reason just now then remembered that meclazine (Dramamine II) helps my dizziness. When I went to take one, the word antiemetic jumped off the label at me. Has that been mentioned before? Have you tried it?

Dizzy Miss Laura

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Nausea and my sanity (ranting) new
      #103215 - 09/01/04 01:03 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I wish there was something I could do to help. I understand how at times you just don't want to live like this anymore. I feel that way sometimes also. I was like you once a time ago about taking pills but now I am on so many of them I am use to them.

Like everyone else says take some time for yourself and just relax read a good book or knit.

I haven't had the nausea problem to bad just have attacks which I am trying to get under control. You will get better and the doctors will find out what is going on and don't worry about venting like that its what we are here for. I am so glad I found this website everyone who writes is so great and very understanding.

Take care and I do hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Michelle

#103226 - 09/01/04 01:20 PM
daliatree

Loc: Manhattan, New York

I SOOOO relate
nausea was my first ever symptom....it is always an indication to me that something isn't right...did i eat too much? too little? am i hungry? do i need to poo? is it diarrhea nausea or constipated nausea? shall i eat? drink tea? arrggggghhhh
I HATE it, I HATE it..it is the worst symptom and it gets so strong sometimes and I find myself chewing my tongue to pieces trying to distract my mouth from the choking. I have never thrown up from it (am puke phobic too)...but its awful
ginger root in boiled water does help me and i have this drug that is illegal in the us now (because it increased lactation in breast feeding women, so was being used illegally but it is totally safe for nausea)...called motilium and is a godsend...esp for nausea caused by bloat, stuck poo etc because it promotes gastric emptying. you can order it from mexico i think.
I so understand about the nausea and you can always moan to me.
Hugs XXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Ridiculous side effects! new
      #103229 - 09/01/04 01:25 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

I'm afraid to take it, because it has NAUSEA as a side effect!

Isn't this just mad? My antidepressants list "suicidal thoughts" as a side effect!! (I did take it though..ANYTHING to stop the pain)

Don't any of the pharmaceutical companies THINK about what the drugs are supposed to HEAL? (or are we the only people who READ the leaflet that comes with our drugs?)

Hope you are feeling better Casey, you are such a ray of sunshine and support to everyone else on the boards, the least we can do is send HUGS back.

Sinead
WHAT is going on with me and BLOCK CAPS at the moment??

--------------------
S.

#103236 - 09/01/04 01:44 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling this way. It is not fun, living that way as well as, modifying your diet and not having any relief from the nausea!

I get nausous when I eat turkey breast at times and it is my favorite food! It drives me nuts! Maybe there is some over the counter stuff that can help you when you feel this way. I have read that peppermint helps relieve nausea, you might want to start drinking a cup of peppermint tea, before or after breakfast and throughout the day, if you aren't already. I hope this helps you. Feel better soon!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Darn, that stinkin NAUSEA..... new
      #103252 - 09/01/04 02:39 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Casey,

Nausea is evil and I hate it. So sorry you are having to go through this. Just some ideas to kick around.

Could it possibly be an inner ear problem (balance)...that causes nausea?
Could it be stomach acid? I took Pepcid a while back when I had nausea everyday and it helped.
Pepto Bismol helps me some. I know YUCK!
AND, don't forget STRESS....causes nausea big time...at least for me.

BTW, if it helps any, I am nauseous today, too, so we can suffer together! OH BOY, what fun!!! Lets through a "nausea" party!!!

Sending bunches of hugs your way
Barbie

--------------------

Thanks, everyone! new
      #103253 - 09/01/04 02:56 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I was going to reply to everyone individually, but now I just don't have the energy... sorry about that.

I never made it out on my "retail therapy", which I guess is good in some respects, haha. The Lexapro suddenly kicked in and I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon, and when I woke up, I was hungry, which I found really encouraging. But then I tried to eat and I got insanely nauseous again. I give up!

Is anyone familiar with Meclazine? (I think I spelled that right.) We don't have any dramamine, but my boyfriend was given that for vertigo a few months ago... maybe I'll try one of those.

Anyway, thanks for all the support! You guys are the absolute best! *hugs all around*

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21929

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review