All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I love considerate people!!!
      #103051 - 09/01/04 07:39 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

So nearly every week here at work people will bring in various treats and set them in the kitchen for everyone to share and almost every time this happens I sit back in my little office and sulk because I can't eat whatever it is they brought in. But today our secretary (who knows I have tummy issues) sent around an email saying there were krispy creme donuts in the kitchen and again I thought I would sulk, crispy creams are deep-fried (like most donuts) so yummy as they may be they often make me sick. But then a minute or two later she came to my office and gave me my own personal cranberry muffin that she said she had made a batch of last night and knew that would work better for me - she said she even sweetened them with honey instead of sugar! That makes my day!
Just thought I'd share that there are people out there who will be understanding and will not make us feel like we are freaks for having this condition.
Hope you all have a good day too!
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I love considerate people!!! new
      #103052 - 09/01/04 07:47 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

thats wonderful.. I felt that way when they had frozen fruit juice bars instead of just ice cream bars at work a few weeks ago.... still get granola bars and pizza (they brought in subs with mayo based dressing for the non dairy eaters.. umm.. the only ones without cheese had turkey... but at least they tried.. I still pack food even when they say its being provided just in case.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#103055 - 09/01/04 07:56 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

That is so great that she did that for you. I know what you mean about people bringing food in and you can't eat it. It happens here all the time. We celebrate everyone's birthday here and usually that means cake and going out to eat. I can't eat the cake and sometimes don't go out to eat because I know the place they are going to is not going to be good for me. But there are times when they do bring food in and I can eat it.

--------------------
Michelle

#103058 - 09/01/04 08:09 AM
Derekr1

Reged: 08/20/04
Loc: PA

And Ilove Krispy Kreme! I have eaten six at once! I really love considerate people. People who take the time to say Hi how is your day? And then listen to your answer! People who stop in traffice to let someone cross the street. I love the bumper sticker that says "Rude people suck" Oh sorry I strayed. I can only eat the doughnuts on a full stomach. If I eat them on a empty stomach they kill me. They are a great snack. Try washing them down with ice cream for a real colon cleanser. Evacuate! Yes I have made that mistake. Your lucky to have someone who is caring enough to feed you colon friendly food. Derek

--------------------
IBS -D since about 1984. Its stress not food that kills me!

#103066 - 09/01/04 08:29 AM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

It is tough. Last Sunday night, my husband and I went ot see Paula Pundstone in concert. There ws a two drink/eat minimum at the table, so of course everyone around me was eating hamburgers, chicken strips, french fries and worst of all....CHOCOLATE CAKE AND COFFEE!!!! Oh, not to mention the various assortment of tasty alcoholic drinks like Blue Hawaiins and Cosmopolitans. Here I am, ordering bottled wwater - and the worst thing was, it came FREEZING cold so I couldn't drink it as I can not tolerate cold drinks.

The Improv was lucky Paula Poundstone was finny because I was going to have a nervous breakdown right there - in front of EVERYONE!! At least I wasn't in pain - right (I had to keep telling myself that about a hundred times).

--------------------
Dana

#103093 - 09/01/04 09:14 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

If I eat them on a empty stomach they kill me. They are a great snack. Try washing them down with ice cream for a real colon cleanser. Evacuate! Yes I have made that mistake.

LOL!! Derek, you are SO funny!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#103094 - 09/01/04 09:15 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Mindy, that is so sweet! Thanks for sharing such a lovely story!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5052 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review