All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Calling all C 's... Ever have chest pain ??
      #102246 - 08/28/04 05:46 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

For about 4 days I have had chest pain, only on the left side, it comes and goes but really bothers me after I sit down in the evening until bed. There is no sharp pain when I take a deep breathe, I have no shoulder pain or shortness of breathe. It hurts in the chest area right over my heart. If this does not get better by Monday, I am going to the Dr.

I would appreciate any input you may have, I am tired of feeling like this and being C. I recently went off of the diet, and I think I am now paying for it. I am back on it now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calling all C 's... Ever have chest pain ?? new
      #102256 - 08/28/04 06:46 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh you poor thing. If it's not one thing it's another. Are you sure it's not heartburn or indigestion? I know four days is a long time for that but it could be.

Or maybe you just pulled a muscle. Does a heating pad help?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Not a C but... new
      #102265 - 08/28/04 08:36 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

... I do feel chest pain often, especially if gas is building up. I have a tendency for acid reflux, too... so it may be becasue of that.
I hope you feel better!

--------------------
-Sheri

#102276 - 08/29/04 01:04 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

my chest pain was one of my first symptoms of ibs when i was 15, and i had it last night too. i never get it when i am ibs d, only c, and when i am truly consipated and gasy. it indicates to me that i have to up my insolubles to whip out the poo! it radiates over my chest and my left area between my arm and breast. its not such a bad pain but it uncomfortable. your nervous system is connected in such a way that left sided pain is bowel related.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#102312 - 08/29/04 09:29 AM
gigi

Thanks for the info., I thought I was having a heart attack but had no other symptoms for that. I do feel a little better this morning, I also have a horrible allergy flare up and will be going in to the doc tomorrow. He will check my lungs since I do have a history of infection there. I would rather be uping my fiber intake than to be taking anti-b's for a sinus or upper respiratory infection. YUCK !

Hope you have a great day.

Re: Dummy me.... new
      #102314 - 08/29/04 09:31 AM
gigi

Laura Sue, it never occured to me to get out the heating pad, its not like I don't use it on a regular basis.

Sure hope the day finds you feeling good!

Re: Thanks for the reply new
      #102315 - 08/29/04 09:36 AM
gigi

It helps to know I am not the only one, sometimes I feel like people around me think I am a hypochondriac. I am starting to keep things to myself, my friends here help me so much when I am suffering.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review