All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
[b] text [/b]DELI CHICKEN AND TURKEY
      #102009 - 08/27/04 02:36 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Has anyone had problems with the sliced skinless Chicken and Turkey from your grocer's deli?

There is not a HFS in my area, and it is difficult for me to get to the Whole Foods while I am at work.

Also, how about some Miracle Whip Lite and Lettuce on the sandwich once I make it? I don't want to activate any triggers, but fat free mayo taste just awful to me. Any suggestions?

P.S. How about salt free cashews in moderation; or what sort of nuts would you recommend?
Thanks.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Edited by Lene (08/27/04 02:38 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: [b] text [/b]DELI CHICKEN AND TURKEY new
      #102021 - 08/27/04 03:48 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I don't have problems with the sliced turkey. As a matter of fact, I practically live off of turkey sandwiches from WaWa. I get it with lettuce & tomato. I can tolerate these fine. A lot of people can, but again, it's a personal thing. Same with the Miracle Whip Lite. Try a little and see how you do. On my sandwiches, I get them dry then I put my own Just 2 Good Hellman's on there. Or sometimes I'll just have it with just the lettuce & tomato.

If you're feeling stable and after you've had a safe meal, you could try the cashews. All nuts are high fat and insoluble though, so just be careful.

#102049 - 08/27/04 05:42 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Deli chicken and turkey should be just fine. I just had some today with no problems, actually. I'd be careful with the lettuce... maybe try a little for the first time sometime when you can risk an attack. I wouldn't put lettuce on my sandwich, but that's just me - you might tolerate it just fine.

Fat free mayo is pretty nasty, agreed. Hellmann's Just 2 Good low-fat mayo, however, tastes just like regular mayo to me. Or do my favorite: mustard! I never eat turkey with mayo anymore; honey mustard is just too darn good.

Or a little bbq sauce with smoked turkey on a good roll... mmmm....

As for the nuts, I don't know. I'd go easy on those; they're pretty high in fat. If you try some, be sure to have some soluble fiber first, to cushion things.

#102051 - 08/27/04 05:54 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I had deli turkey for lunch today, and as of yet, it hasn't casued any problems. I seem to do okay with lettuce as long as I also eat plenty of soluble fiber too.

meg

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2417

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review