All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
[b] other types of teas[/b]
      #101362 - 08/25/04 03:00 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

I am wondering if any tea is ok to drink in adition to the peppermint and fennel...like orange spice, and other such flavors...I am getting bored with peppermint at work and was curious if as long as they were caffine free they would be ok.

THANKS!!

--------------------
Donell

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: [b] other types of teas[/b] new
      #101370 - 08/25/04 03:41 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think that herbal teas in general are fine, but don't quote me on that one yet, till some of the others weigh in too. I know I've seen a few Celestial Seasonings teas recommended in the past (like the honey vanilla chamomile, which *is* pretty tasty), and I used to drink redbush tea with no problems.

#101389 - 08/25/04 04:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think so. I find any tea I can get my hands on after I eat out helps me relax some. Yesterday I had tea when I had my hair done and when I asked what it was they said peppermint!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#101393 - 08/25/04 05:15 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

I think the "regular" teas even decaf can be a problem because of the tannic acid they contain. Herbal teas generally seem to work ok with the people I have spoken to, but for me, it is still trial and error-some herbals still irritate my digestive system...now trying Cammomile honey vanilla--I really like a tea called "Yerba Mate"- there are several brands that put out "mate" teas--check it out--they are real mild and really help settle my stomach--good luck and feel good!

#101403 - 08/25/04 05:55 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

Thanks for all your responses - I have to go back and look at some more - the one I got was the celestial seasonings orange spice and since I took it I have been slightly bloated and I did not relate it to the tea at first, I tried this chicken sausage that seemed ok by the ingredients except for the fat - so I am not sure what it was actually...but your comments helped and I am going to look into more tea...
THanks folks!!

--------------------
Donell

#101424 - 08/25/04 07:40 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Donell,

I try other teas no problem, and I have heard others say they are okay with it too, I just don't over do it and ONLY drink decaf. I drink the Arizona brand Rx Stress iced tea, but only alittle at a time. I also drink decaf green tea here and there, and green tea anytime I go out for sushi, and have yet to have a problem.
Guess you have to see what your body likes!

--------------------
-Sheri

#101467 - 08/26/04 04:40 AM

Unregistered

Decaf ginger peach is my favorite. Teas with caffeine give me problems, so I just stick with decaf.

#101581 - 08/26/04 10:06 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I know decaf coffee is not good, and I think decaf real tea also is a problem. But other herbal teas that are naturally caffeine free should be fine, fine, fine!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4681

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review