All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I finally had my appt. with the GI doctor...long post
      #100843 - 08/24/04 08:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

All I can say is that the doctor is a complete pompous assh*le. I hated him. He had ZERO sympathy and compassion. I guess he's been doing this for way too long.

So this is what he said. He doesn't think that I have IBS because my symptoms aren't typical of IBS. Because I have 'd' every day, the pain is in my right side, I have mostly cramping pain and I have lost weight. He thinks I might have Chrohns which was basically my WORSE NIGHTMARE!

I asked about the medication I was one (Dicetel & Modulon) and he laughed. He said he hasn't prescribed those meds in over a decade because they just don't work AT ALL. And if patients think they do it's just a placebo effect. I asked about other meds for IBS and he said that it's just a waste as nothing really works. He said taking as much as I can handle of a fibre supplement is my best bet.

I asked about anti-depressants and he said I didn't seem depressed so why bother. I told him that very low doses can help with the pain and he agreed but that's all he said. Then he got a phone call from another doctor and talked for 10 mins about how he was getting too many patients and he can't handle the work load, etc.. Ya, real professional buddy! He apologized but it was too late.

So he tells me that there's a chance I have IBS but he's not sure and doesn't feel comfortable diagnosing me with that until I have testing. OH GOD! He tells me I need a colonscopy to rule out inflammatory bowel disease which it looks like I could be developing. He tells me that the test is extremely painful especially for someone with IBS or IBD and takes about 20 mins. Oh ya, there's also a chance that the tube that's inserted in my colon can rupture the colon and I'd need immediate surgery. But he says that only happens in 1 out of every 1000 patients. (Those aren't good odds). Not very reassuring.

He told me having the test is completely my decision as it's quite terrible but is the only test that can rule out Chrohns or Colitis. The fun just begins. He also said that left untreated IBD can get way worse and needs specific meds such as steroids or something.

What do you guys think? I am overwhelmed and pretty upset. I had to come in to work after my appt. and am still fighting back tears.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I finally had my appt. with the GI doctor...long post new
      #100848 - 08/24/04 08:47 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, sweetie, that's too bad. I think every doctor on the planet should be stricken with IBS or something similar and see how THEY like it!

He did make some sense in certain ways though, despite his pomposity (I think they teach that at med school and obviously he took the Advanced Pomposity course!).

At least he recommended a fiber supplement. That's better than the "eat bran" suggestion most older doctors give! And he's being thorough about ruling out other things, which is especially important because your symptoms are not typical. And don't let him scare you with the silly warning about a rupture. He's required to say that so you're fully informed and actually a 0.01% chance is pretty low in my book. Lots of people here have gotten colonoscopies and survived. Bevrs even said the drugs they gave her were GREAT!! (Trust Bev, right??!!)

Now, you're way too upset today to make a decision. You need to put it aside and not think about it for 24 hours or you'll just worry yourself sick. So go do an online search for funny things, jokes, pictures, etc, and get your mind off it, okay?? That's LauraSue's prescription for you today.

Also, a wise old woman once said that after a shock you need something hot and something sweet. So make yourself a cup of peppermint tea and have a cookie or two.

Feel better, hon. Turn your worries over to the angels and be very very gentle with yourself today. Okay??

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant doctor's visit... new
      #100849 - 08/24/04 08:48 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I don't know very much about Crohn's or IBD, nor do I know anything about the meds you are on. I haven't even had a colonoscopy yet - BUT - I am under the impression from what my doctor told me (I'm having mine done in September) and from other things I've read and from people I know who have had them done - that you're sedated pretty heavily during the procedure and most people wake up not remembering a thing about it. I've also heard that the worst part is the prep for the test. But there's a post on the Crohn's Message Board taken from Jill Sklar's book about prep for the colonoscopy Colonoscopy Prep Post I'm planning on following her suggestions when I have to go through this next month.

I probably wasn't much help, but I wanted to share what I've heard about the procedure and offer some support. I am also very apprehensive about getting this test done - in fact this is the third time I've re-scheduled it Hang in there and good luck. I hope other people have some more informative advice to give you

Re: Oh Honey!!! new
      #100851 - 08/24/04 08:51 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

What a jacka** First of all you realy should have the colonscopy but from what I have been told by Many peolpe is it is just not that bad. The prep is the worst part you may feel some discomfort but most Doc's knock you out now days.

Who the hell is he to say if your depressed or not. Oh I am so mad for you right now I could spit. Taking a phone call in the middle of your visit is so wrong.

Find another Doc that you are comfortable with. Scaring the crap out of you was so not nesscary. Oh honey I know you were hoping for better results. If I could hug you right now I would. If it does trun out to IBD hey we'll handle it. Your a strong women and you'll get through it and we are all here for you.
Good Luck Honey

--------------------
Heather7476

#100869 - 08/24/04 09:08 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

What a horrible doctor. I have IBD (Crohn's) and IBS. I've had a colonoscopy every 6 months for the last two years. It should not hurt. The worst part is the prep, but if you follow Jill's advice about eating lightly a couple of days before it will help. I used to pig out before it figuring it was going to be cleaned out anyway, but I do think it makes the prep worse if you have more stuff inside. The drugs they give you are pretty good, I usually drift in and out. I've had a little cramping afterwards when they take biopsies, but it's nothing serious.
My GI has said the same thing about the meds for IBS, although in a nicer way. He has prescribed them for me but I have found that the peppermint capsules and the tea helps a lot more and without any side effects.
If you do have IBD, don't despair. Unlike IBS, meds do help IBD. It's not a fun disease by any means. It comes and goes unpredictably, it's chronic so you will have to deal with it for the rest of your life, but you can begin to feel some control over it in time.
So I hope you get the tests. He is right, left untreated IBD can cause major problems. Good luck and take care!

#100873 - 08/24/04 09:12 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Sara,

Sorry that the doctor was so rude to you, don't you hate that? I know you're in Canada so let me guess, you probably had to wait ages for this appointment too right? You gotta love that, you wait months to finally see someone, and then they're a complete jerk.

First of all, with regards to the Dicetel and the Modulon, I think the most important thing is whether it's helping you. It's true they're older drugs (especially the Modulon) but that doesn't mean they won't work. Now I personally found the Dicetel didn't do anything, but the Modulon did help *a little*. I stress a little because it didn't help with the D at all but I found it did help with the pain a little. Plus, my pharmacist here told me that although it's a really old drug, it's still one of the best (in their opinion) and badly underprescribed. So if you think it's working for you at all, I'd keep at it.

As for the anti-depressants, the GI clearly doesn't know what he's talking about because it's becoming fairly commonplace for doctors to give anti-Ds to people who aren't clinicially depressed to help with stomach problems...maybe you're GP could prescribe some for you?

Finally, the colonoscopy...please don't be scared or worried about that. He shouldn't have made you feel like it was such a big deal. He may have been trying to discourage you, or see how serious you are about getting to the bottom of things, because you know how a lot of docs think it's "all in our heads." The only important thing is to make sure that they use sedation. I thought it was standard for that procedure but apparently some docs do it without it, and you don't want that! But, if you have the proper sedation, it's really not a difficult test at all...honest, I'm a huge suck and I got through it.

I know that the wait times in Ontario are terrible, but if you're going to have the colonoscopy and are uncomfortable with this guy then you may want to see about getting another referall. You certainly don't want a doc doing the test who won't give you more pain meds or sedation if you need it

Take care and try not to worry,
Kelly

Ugh. new
      #100878 - 08/24/04 09:21 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

What an ass. While he does have some valid points about needing a colonoscopy, he could have a MUCH better bedside manner. Will you be trying to find another doctor, or will you put up with this tool? And kudos to you for actually going to work after an experience like that... I would have gone straight home & called in sick.

I'm curious, though - and anyone can answer this - what about your symptoms aren't typical of IBS? Is it because of the symptoms themselves, or because they aren't responding to the diet and medications? Because I *used* to have D every day, I still have cramping pain, and I've lost weight... but my doctor says my symptoms sound like IBS to her, not anything more serious. (This doesn't mean not having a colonoscopy, by the way... I'm just curious.)

I still can't believe what a jerk that guy was. Grrrr.

#100892 - 08/24/04 09:43 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I am so sorry to hear of your ghastly ordeal with some one who took an oath to "help" people not "scare" people.

I live in San Francisco and had the Colonoscopy done. The preparation for the colonoscopy was the worst experience of the whole procedure. I drank two bottles of Phospho Soda the night before the procedure which will send you to the bathroom. But that was it! I went in the following day and had the Colonoscopy done. They did not knock me out or anthing, but administered anesthesia as the instrument was inserted into the colon. It was not a nightmare.

You will pass a lot of air afterwards, but it has no smell to it. Actually my tummy has not been flat since that experience!

I would get another GI though. Yours seem somewhat unconcerned and appears to upset you more than help you.

Some doctors are real assho*es, but there are some pretty good ones out there. Granted, none of them know anything about IBS but at least my doc gave me some Lexapro (an antidepressant) for pain and Miralax to help me go until the fiber kicked in.

My first appointment with the GI doc was somewhat like yours, but not as bad. He gave me an educated guess that I had IBS without doing any tests! When I showed him the list that I had printed out from Heather, he simply said, "oh you don't have any of these things there is no need to have any tests done". I found another GI the same day and he began ordering tests without my having to ask.

Don't give up on the docs quite yet, but don't "settle" for just anything either.

I hope you can let this go and move on to another GI doc who will be more considerate of your feelings. Remember, we are always here for you if you need to vent, have a question or anything at all.

Again, I am so sorry for your experience and I wish you all the luck that God gives freely everyday!

Take care.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Got your back, SS new
      #100897 - 08/24/04 09:57 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm going to go kick his butt for you. Bet he screams like a little girl. I might even take a call while I'm kicking him in his gut, distractedly kicking and chatting at the same time. "yak yak yak" *kick*

Bad doctors have no sense of their patients' dignity. They just don't get it. You're a strong, capable, proactive, smart girl, and you're taking the necessary steps to figure out what you have so you can treat it.

Be strong, take a deep breath, and take a warm shower or bath. I'm sending you a big mental bouquet of fresh, beautiful flowers as congratulations for taking this important step.

You can do it!!!!!!!!! You're a star!!!

~nel~

#100917 - 08/24/04 10:17 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Oh, I am so sorry about your doc appt. I am at work so I have to be brief.

I think you should change docs. You need a more compassionate one. You don't need to put up with that kind of treatmeant.

I guess we are just going to have to go over there and kick his butt.

Take it easy today and I'm sending you hugs to feel better.

Barbie

--------------------

#100920 - 08/24/04 10:24 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. However, I have had one very similar that turned out very good. My doctor was also very uncompassionate, in a hurry, ect...but he ordered tests in a very methodical manner to rule out the really bad stuff. I was also having non-typical IBS pain and symptoms, but muddled through everything from barium studies, upper GI studies and, finally a colonoscopy and endoscopic small bowel biopsy (scoped from both ends). The prep is the worst part by far, and you won't remember anything they actually do to you during a "scope" procedure!

The good news is that it ruled out the nasty stuff, and when, after more than 2 months I finally talked to the man face to face, he actually knew what he was talking about! He didn't want to order drastic life changes or meds until he knew what he was dealing with!

In a nutshell, have the tests. If it is Chron's or something else, your best thing is to know it and start treating it immediately. Sorry for the bad experience. But you truly are not alone, and I bet your tests will give you the answers you need! Hang in there!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#100924 - 08/24/04 10:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I am sorry to hear this, a doctor who doesn't listen and isn't compassionate isn't a good thing- I second or third seeing a new doctor.. but the tests he is talking about need to be run... IBD needs to be treated asap to protect you! as it gets worse without treatment..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#100931 - 08/24/04 10:39 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

This dr. sounds like a real idot! I have had doctors like that too. I would go through with the colonscopy (most dr. want this done to rule out other things) after you get your results, I would switch doctor's a.s.a.p. if I were you! He is totally unsympathetic and it sounds like he is miserable and tired of his job, he is way to nasty. What an a**! Good luck with everything!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#100933 - 08/24/04 10:44 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh my god! What an a**ehole!

The only things I'd agree with are soluble fibre is good and a clonoscopy is neccessary to check for IBDs. If it wasn't for the wait, I'd say get another doc before you have the colonoscopy! You shouldn't feel a thing during the procedure and only have some gas problems afterwards (a bit sore but it goes), so I'd worry about any doc who says people always have pain - sounds like he's doing somehting wrong! The idiot!!!! The prep is pretty horrible, but read Jill Sklar's notes on it and you'll be fine - being ready is the key (I wasn't! ).

Chin up chuck! We'll get ya through this. Wish you could fly over here and see my doc. He's a darling!

#100955 - 08/24/04 11:28 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

How horrible! I feel so badly for you. You've gotten some good advice from everyone who has answered your post so far. I would agree with LauraSue...try to take it easy today; don't make any heavy decisions and DEFINETELY go thru with the tests. Know what tests you want to have and then demand them. Remember it's your body, not the doc's. My thoughts and prayers are with you...
Janene

#100966 - 08/24/04 12:00 PM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

I can't really say anything else that hasn't been said on this thread - but take care and remember there are some good doctors out there who actually give a damm about how you feel. Be confident that through this site you probably are a lot more informed than a lot of people so you can kick that doctors ass if he starts talking rubbish. I'm sure the tests will be fine - you'll probably feel worse if you just wait and worry. Us IBSers are tough chicks and I'm sure everyone here will give you as much support and advice as they can.

Look after yourself - at least you are doing something about the situation, which puts you in control, not your stomach.

Best of luck, Catherine

Gosh, I thought I saw a bad GI doc!!! new
      #101034 - 08/24/04 02:53 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

This one sounds like the worst! I'd forget I'd ever gone to see him. He's rude, he's arrogant and he doesn't know what he's talking about.
I do think you need to be tested to see what's going on, but not with this doctor. Ask around (friends, coworkers, nurses, etc.) until you find the name of a good doctor and start all over.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but heck, if you had that bad of an experience the first time you went to see him, I don't think you should stick with him and go back.

Life's too short to have a bad doctor!!! That's my new motto!!!

Good luck in getting tested. Hope you feel better soon. And don't let this doctor get you down!

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart... new
      #101050 - 08/24/04 04:31 PM
Sara-Sage

for everyone's support and encouragement. I can't believe how many people wrote such long and thoughtful replies. I especially like all those who had nasty thoughts for the doctor.

After a VERY tough day, it made me feel better reading all your well wishes and suggestions. You guys are all awesome and I can't thank you guys enough.

I'm defintely NOT going back to him and am going to ask to see another GI doctor as he was Satan himself. I know I should have the colonoscopy but I have to mentally get myself ready for that as it seems very, very scary right now.

Thanks again everyone so much. If it does turn out to be Crohn's then there's nothing I can do but treat that and try to keep smiling and not get so discouraged.

Re: Thank you all from the bottom of my heart... new
      #101063 - 08/24/04 05:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I am SO glad you're going to see a different GI doctor. It used to drive me absolutely crazy, when I worked at a hospital, to see patients "stuck" with arrogant a**wipes masquerading as doctors, just because they wouldn't take the initiative to see a different doctor. Good for you. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Except maybe THAT DOCTOR. A**hat. Heh.

To Casey new
      #101301 - 08/25/04 01:33 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh god, I will NEVER go back and see that arrogant jerk off! Ha!

I have two friends in town that have recommended other GI doctor's who are supposed to be very nice. I think I'll send the doctor a note after I see the new GI with pointers on how he SHOULD act towards his patients.

Re: Thank you all from the bottom of my heart... new
      #101391 - 08/25/04 05:10 PM
debaver

Reged: 06/27/04

Well, I'd switch GI docs. A colonscopy is truly no big deal. The worst part of it is the prep. And that's yucky, but not painfu. You're out of it when you have the colonscopy. Oddly enough, the sigmoidoscopy (which is technically less invasive) hurts more, because they give you fewer drugs. I'd get a doc who does the procedure well, and rest assured that if you do have Chrohns or ulcerative colitis, you want to know asap, so you can treat it, and if you don't, then you can move on. Steroids are just one option with these inflammatory bowel diseases, so don't assume the worst. Chrohns and ulcerative colitis are a more serious diagnosis, to be sure, that IBS, but that just means you need to be vigilant and on top of things. A good doctor will help. Sorry the doc was such a jerk.

#101396 - 08/25/04 05:32 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Like all who have sent you best wishes, let me add mine..
I am a nurse, and I have seen many colonoscopies--the patients have seemed comfortable and not in the "excessive pain" category your stupid MD described...the prep however is not fun ( I can't keep the stuff down, so I have not had one yet), but if you can do that part, you should not have a real problem with the test..a girlfriend of mine just had one and she did not complain about the test--just the prep--so take heart and give yourself a hug--we are with you!!!

#101428 - 08/25/04 07:52 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

It'll be ok! I echo everyone else in that the colonoscopy can't be THAT bad. I never had one done, but anyone I know that has says that the prep is by far the worst part, the procedure itself is a piece of cake.
That doctor did have some good points, but he had NO reason to be such a jerk. I really can't stand doctors. It makes you wonder how miserable they must all be, if they are such jerks all the time and obviouslyhate thier jobs.
It's nice to hear that you were recomended a new doc, I wouldn't go back to that guy! It's a shame that doctors don't have to treat their patients like customers, because when it comes down to it, that's what we are!
Good luck girlfriend- and i hope your procedure goes smoothly when you do have it done.

--------------------
-Sheri

#101478 - 08/26/04 06:29 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey there....sorry to hear that your appointment was so crappy!!

It sounds like you should go see another doctor before you make any decisions like that. This guys doesn't sound like he knows too much....

It's funny that he said he hadn't prescribed Dicetel or Modulon in over a decade because these drugs have only been available a few years.

I would definately get another opinion.

Try to cheer up...I know it's hard but the more stressed you get the worse you're gonna feel and that's just no good!! You are on your way to finding out exactly what is going on....you won't feel like this forever....you just gotta push through this tough spell right now....and we're all here for you!! *BIG HUGS*

To Kimm new
      #101646 - 08/26/04 01:14 PM
Sara-Sage

Kimm, I was wondering if you every had to have a colonsocopy? I have heard conflicting things from people in Ontario not getting sedated while having them? Yikes!

Would you happne to know. And yes, I will be asking to see another doctor.

To LauraSue new
      #101648 - 08/26/04 01:17 PM
Sara-Sage

I just wanted to let you know that your post me me laugh - the part about having some tea and something sweet to eat. I did just that and it helped a bit. You always give good advice!

Thanks! :grin:

Re: To LauraSue new
      #101747 - 08/26/04 05:00 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Cool!! Thanks, hon!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: To Kimm new
      #101927 - 08/27/04 10:34 AM
Kimm

I haven't had to have a colonoscopy yet but I'm due for one soon because my aunt has FAP (it's where you get polyps on your intestines and they need to be removed)...so I have to have one before I turn 25 (so in the next year).

My GI says that because I've had the symptoms of IBS for over 10 years that I don't need one just yet because if it were anything more serious then I'd be very very sick by now...and the meds seem to be working for me and I'm not getting any worse....

BUT my aunt has had a couple of them and she says they're really not bad at all. YES they put you out for it!!! She said the prep is the worst cuz you're stuck on the toilet for a while but she said that they put you out and you wake up and you wouldn't even know you've had one. I'm sure you'll do just fine....I'll keep you in my prayers....

#102016 - 08/27/04 02:54 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh, that makes me feel so much better!

I had this terrible thought that Canada mwas sadictic and didn't sedate their colonsocopy patients. Thanks, what a relief!

To Kelly new
      #102121 - 08/28/04 05:56 AM
Sara-Sage

Hi. I just wrote back to your reply on the colonoscopy and realized that you wrote back to this post too but I didn't respond. I'm always particularily interested in fellow Canadians responses as we have some of the ame issues to deal with.

Yes, I did have to wait for months for my appointment only to have a lousy doctor.

As for your question about the meds. Neither one of them has helped me at all. But I am almost out of the Modulon and the doctor said to not renew the prescription and wait for a few days to see if I feel and worse, or any better. If I feel way worse than I should go on it again but he doubts I'll notice anything.

Anyhow, thanks for your advice.

#102182 - 08/28/04 10:05 AM
Judithg

Reged: 07/14/03

Sorry you had such a bad experience with the doc. Sometimes doctors seem to just make things worse. I wish medical schools did a better job of working on bedside manner! I've left many a doctor appointment in tears because the doctor was so insensitive. I would definitely find another GI doc before you go forward.

However, getting a colonoscopy to rule out Crohn's and other IBD is a good idea. The colonoscopy is really not that bad. I just recently had one, and I was really relieved afterward to find out that I didn't have any kind of IBD. My doctor had told me he thought I had Crohn's, and that was my worst nightmare too. The pre-colonoscopy cleansing process isn't fun, but you can do things to make it easier. You're knocked out for the test itself, so that's not so bad. I think that the chance of the instrument causing a tear is pretty slim--they just have to inform you of all of those possibilities in advance.

Also, from the little bit you mentioned about your symptoms, I'm wondering if you've been tested for celiac disease (a form of gluten intolerance). It may be helpful for you to have those tests as well (blood tests). But you need to make sure you go to a doctor that really understands celiac disease--many GI docs don't.

Best of luck figuring things out. I know it's a frustrating struggle.

Judithg

P.S. new
      #102184 - 08/28/04 10:10 AM
Judithg

Reged: 07/14/03

There's a really good post on how to prep for a colonoscopy over on the Crohn's and Colitis board. I think it's pinned at the beginning of the board. Anyone who has to have a colonoscopy should check it out--helped me a lot!

#102191 - 08/28/04 11:07 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ok, what's this guys name??? We are all gonna go over and beat him up for the way he treated you
Please tell me why ANY doctor would tell you that it's a horrible and painful test? Sounds to me he must not get good reimbursement from insurance or something and he doesn't want to do in on you for that reason! Ughhhh. I've been in the medical field for too long. It's starting to urk me more and more!
It's normal to be scared about the colonoscopy. I'll be the first to say I don't want another one for a long time. The prep was bad and the pocedure...didn't feel a thing. As with any kind of surgery or procedure you have to sign stuff that if they screw up, they are not responsible. It's BS! They are just simply covering their butts!
I hope all the posts have calmed you a bit. Good luck with the new doctor. I too, switched GI's from the original guy who did my colonoscopy. He had no bed side manners! In our state a lot of our practices have several docs in the office so I switched to another one in the same office and told him the reason I switched and I hope the word was passed on to him!
Take care.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

find another MD new
      #102193 - 08/28/04 11:54 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

First of all- the colonoscopy is not a terrible procedure- the preperation is a little difficult..secondly- he needs to be re-educated....Don't waste your time....he's a loser!!!
The last thing you want with IBS is someone who lacks sympathy or empathy. Many MD's still think this is "all in our heads."

#102310 - 08/29/04 09:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Hi Judith,

yes, I have been tested for Celiac and it came back negative. I am going to switch doctors for sure and do want to know if I have Crohns or not. It is my worse nightmare because it often involves having surgery and can flare up pretty bad where I could have to go in the hospital. I'd much rather IBS.

Anyhow, thanks for your reply and I'll have to meet with a new doc bfore going ahead.

#102566 - 08/30/04 10:00 AM
Kimm

*LOL* you're funny.

Glad I could ease your mind a little bit....I'm sure you'll do just fine...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 326 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11998

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review