Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A little personal but....
      #100794 - 08/24/04 06:09 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

here goes......

I started to feel nausea (sp?) on Saturday night and ended up throwing up. I felt sick to my stomach all day Sunday and Monday. I ended up not going to work on Monday b/c I felt I was going to throw up again, which I never did. And to top all this off my breasts hurt so bad, not quite as bad as when I stopped nursing, but bad. And I would usually attribute some breast pain to my period coming but that is 2 weeks off and any minor pain I do get associated with my period usually comes a couple days before hand, not 2 weeks. So I feel silly calling the doctor and telling her my breasts hurt. And then this morning I got a bout of D and then felt nauseous again and still do!! I can't figure out anything I have done different except I started taking the NuLev on Thursday. Would that have anything to do with it? Oh, and by the way, I took a home pregnancy test, just to make sure, and it came back negative. Anyone else experience these symptoms? Or should I just suck it up and contact the doctor?

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A little personal but.... new
      #100798 - 08/24/04 06:23 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

This might be a simplistic answer, but keep in mind that IBS people are just as succeptible to normal stomach bugs as anyone else. I bet you just caught a little virus. As far as the breast pain, I have two theories. 1 -- If you threw up really violently (sorry for the image) you might have strained your muscles. or 2 -- If the pain is more in your underarms and less in your breasts, it might just be sore, swollen glands from the virus. My doctor always feels around my neck and behind my ears and under my armpits. So, if you have a little virus, I wouldn't be surprised if you hurt there. Sometimes the backs of me knees ache like crazy when I have a virus, so it's all related. I'd say give it a couple of days and if it is truly breast pain that doesn't go away, call the doc.
Feel better soon, and don't forget to drink lots of fluids!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#100802 - 08/24/04 06:34 AM
Derekr1

Reged: 08/20/04
Loc: PA

Why are people so afraid of the Doctor? I have had tons of medical providers and if I am not comfortable with them as a friend, I wont go back. But I do get another one to replace him. People will call my wife for medical advice and her answer most of the time is you really should see your family doctor! As a man I truely do not understand the monthly cycles of a woman. As most men I usually run when the topic even comes up! Good luck, Derek

--------------------
IBS -D since about 1984. Its stress not food that kills me!

#100846 - 08/24/04 08:42 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Quote:

Oh, and by the way, I took a home pregnancy test, just to make sure, and it came back negative.

Wouldn't it be too early to test if your period isn't due for another 2 weeks? I have to say I had a bad bout of D right around conception this time. I had no idea why all of a sudden I did and my breast really hurt. Not to make you nervous.

I do have to say, however, I get very nausous during an IBS attack. Sometimes now, if I eat too much dairy or high fat foods (which I can tolerate more being pregnant) I will get the nausea and not have any D.

#100862 - 08/24/04 08:58 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I took the pregnancy test b/c my last cycle was 3 days late and then came but not as heavy. And now I am experiencing these pregnancy like syptoms so I tested just to make sure. I have heard of some woman who still get their period and are pregnant. I already have two girls and have never had much luck w/ the home pregnancy test. I was three and half months pregnant with my first child when one finally came back positive. But I am on orthra-evra patch so I don't think that I am pregnant. (I know that it is not a 100%) But I don't know what else can cause my breast to hurt along with nausea. It was painful to just put a bra on today!

In response to another post...
I had the breast pain before the throwing up. And my underarms don't hurt. It just feels like my breast weigh a ton (swelling) and they are very sensitive to movement (walking, etc.) and touch (even if I bump them w/ my arm or something).

Thanks for everyone trying to help me out. Maybe I should call the doctor or wait another 2 weeks to see if my cycle comes.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#100868 - 08/24/04 09:07 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I don't know much about the patch but maybe that is what is causing it. How long have you been taking it? Maybe you should call the dr. Your cycle should be regular with the patch,right? Isn't it the same as the pill? Three days late doesn't sound right. Also, have you had any caffine? My breasts can get very tender when I have caffine. I'm not sure it would hurt that much. I'm thinking if you can't wear a bra then I would call the dr.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4048 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 829

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review