All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hi Im New new
      #100731 - 08/23/04 06:17 PM
mary davis

Reged: 08/23/04

Hi

I am new to this forum i was recently diagnosed with ibs. this came a couple of months after having my gallbaldder removed.

Mary

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi Im New new
      #100738 - 08/23/04 07:08 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

Hello,

My husband got IBS A (back and forth from D to C) after having his gall removed too. It took almost five years for us to discover that this was the case. In-other-words, looking back on small attacks (wine would trouble him, coffee was making him burp all the time, overeating would really be uncomfortable) we see how it was building to the "big one" in June from which he is still trying to recover. Now we have a scheduled Colonoscopy in September.

We found this site recently and it has been wonderful. It has given us direction and hope. IBS is hard as there is not an universal answer. BUT! Combine Heather's books with what the message boards have to offer and you will have yourself figured out soon. Today my husband had a good day. We could not have done this without the help we found here! Good Luck with everything!

Hi Mary! new
      #100739 - 08/23/04 07:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome to the boards! Developing IBS after gallbladder removal is definitely not uncommon, unfortunately. If you ever have any questions about IBS, the diet, how to use the boards, anything, just give us a try - we're all glad to help!

#100762 - 08/23/04 09:16 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hi Mary and welcome. I would suggest doing a board search with no time limits for gallbladder there is ton on it and some Meds that may help. Good Luck.

--------------------
Heather7476

Welcome Mary!! -nt-
      #100770 - 08/23/04 11:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

welcome.. feel free to jump right in -nt new
      #100776 - 08/24/04 04:10 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Hi Im New Hi Mary!! Welcome! new
      #100782 - 08/24/04 04:39 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Hi and welcome to the boards. Seems like a lot of people have problems with IBS after having their gall bladder out.

Was wondering if you suffered a lot with Diarrhea after having it removed as my sister and I both had that problem after ours were removed. My IBS didn't start up until March which was about 10 years after I had mine out but I did have D for months after the gall bladder removal. Now I have IBS A which means it alternates from D to C (constipation).

You'll get a lot of advise on here from everyone and of course there is so much to read up on it so that will really help. I know your solubles will help a lot but the elimination of fats does help quite a bit since we can't break down our fats the same as we did with the gallbladder.

Wishing you the best and welcome again!

Pat

Welcome to the boards, Mary! -nt- new
      #100789 - 08/24/04 05:08 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

#100790 - 08/24/04 05:15 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Welcome!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#100799 - 08/24/04 06:24 AM
Derekr1

Reged: 08/20/04
Loc: PA

One of the first things they did for my pains was take out my galbladder. That didnt help, then they said it was crystals in my urine. Then after the scope last week when the same pain came on the surgon said it must be your colon. After galbladder surgury I became much mor sensitive to fatty foods. Sausage is a no no. Unless its for dinner on a full stomach. Greasy food just does not sit well in me and rushes through my colon as fast as possible. I mean really fast! Like 20 minutes fast. Anyway I avoid that greasy food and look forward to a grahm cracker instead! Good Luck, Derek

--------------------
IBS -D since about 1984. Its stress not food that kills me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 744 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1305

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review