All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
switching from C to D
      #100052 - 08/21/04 04:01 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I've been doing pretty good since going on the lexapro, the only problem is now, is that I will do good for about a week. Then i'll have an episode of D. I had one on Saturday (had to take Immodium so I could do my classes at the horse show), had another episode on Tuesday night, last night and again this afternoon. They haven't been real bad, but man does my butt hurt afterwords. I've been trying to eat really good and haven't had much soda at all. Is there anything I can do to help with the D? I've been taking pepto like crazy lately.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: switching from C to D new
      #100075 - 08/21/04 04:52 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

BRAT! No, not you, Rosie!! The BRAT diet for diarrhea is bananas, rice, applesauce and toast! Helps slow it down. Starting a fiber supplement or increase the dose of yours will also help. And as you know, you HAVE to stop drinking soda, sweetie! It's like drinking battery acid -- it just corrodes your insides, strips the paint off your gut and leaves it quivering and vulnerable to the least little trigger. You wouldn't treat your best friend that way, so why do you treat your own precious tummy that way, huh???

Feel better, sweetie!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: switching from C to D new
      #100158 - 08/22/04 01:28 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

my ten years of faithful c, switched, three months ago to d following a stomach bug. I waaaaayyy prefer c and miss it!! anyway, BRAT is the only thing that finally stopped it (for now anyway) and I am now reintroducing foods...you CANNOT drink soda!!! :-)

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2986 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review