All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Need ideas for treats to bring to work...
      #98739 - 08/16/04 04:14 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Every Thursday is "Sunshine Day" where people at work sign up and bring in a couple treats for the day. I'm up for this thursday and need some ideas of something I could make to bring. It usually sits out for half the day so I don't want to make something that needs to be kept cold. I was thinking about making a IBS friendly bread but was talking to one of the girls that is also signed up for Thursday and she's already bringing Banana bread. Any idea's would be great! Thanks!
Julie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need ideas for treats to bring to work... new
      #98767 - 08/16/04 05:50 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Rice krispie treats, maybe? Or is that silly?

I make these new
      #98769 - 08/16/04 05:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

but they have a little bit of chocolate in them. It doesn't bother me but I just want to put a caution on it.

Junior Mint Brownies
1/4c. butter or margarine (soy or other safe, can be diet)
3oz. Junior Mints or 2 large Peppermint Patties
1c. flour
1/4t. baking soda
1/8t. salt
2/3c. sugar
1/3c. cocoa
2 large egg whites

Preheat oven to 350º. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Combine butter and mints, microwave 30 seconds, stir until smooth. Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl. Combine sugar, cocoa, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended. Add mint mixture, beat well. Add flour mixture, beat until just mixed. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean (or less time if you like gooey). Cut into 16 bars. They have between 2 and 3 grams of fat each. They also make your breath minty.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

littleminnie new
      #103941 - 09/05/04 07:33 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

for the brownies do you use unsweetened cocoa powder?

--------------------

#103958 - 09/05/04 09:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

peppermint fudge cake? I don't always use the peppermint...

or a pasta dish without any protein in it... that can sit out for awhile too... or be put in a crock pot.. my red pesto recipe mom serves cold as well as hot so it would work well for sitting out all day.. I take it to a lot of potlucks...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: littleminnie new
      #104018 - 09/05/04 05:25 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I believe that is what it is- just the regular nestle or hersheys cocoa powder in the little canisters.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#104030 - 09/05/04 07:04 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I love rise-krispie treats!! This post made me crave them so I went to the store to buy some marshmellows and rice krispies and discovered that rice krispied contain high fructose corn syrup. Grrr! As a suggestion to anyone wanting these yummy treats, look either in a healthfood store or the organic section of the grocery store. It took a little searching but I did manage to find a crisped-rice cereal that didn't contain HFCS. Why do food producers have to make things so hard for us??

Meg

Actually.... new
      #104035 - 09/05/04 07:31 PM
atomic rose

I was referring to homemade ones. Heather's got a really simple recipe floating around here... if I'm not mistaken, it's just a bag of marshmallows, 2 tbsp canola oil, microwave (stirring occasionally) until smooth, and stir in the krispies (about 6 cups). Press it into a 13x9 pan, let cool, and voila!

You could double-check that by doing a board search for "RKTs"... it might even be in the recipe index.

Re: Actually.... new
      #104070 - 09/06/04 05:19 AM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

What I meant was that the rice krispies (the cereal itself) contains HFCS. I never even bothered to look for the premade treats since I figured they would most likely have HFCS.

Meg

Really? new
      #104076 - 09/06/04 06:32 AM
atomic rose

Did you check all the brands, including the store brands? That totally never occurred to me - sorry about that! I almost always buy store brands of everything, because (believe it or not!) most of the time, they don't contain the HFCS and traces of dairy that the national brand items contain.

Wow, that's a kicker. Since the RKTs are so popular on here, I wonder if anyone else ever noticed that?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review