All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A Smoothie Question
      #95913 - 08/05/04 05:59 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

I have a question for all of you smoothie experts out there. Tonight for the first time I made Heather's Strawberry-Banana smoothie, only had some fresh red raspberries that I used instead of the strawberries. Well, it was absolutely delicious, but only one problem. As I drank it, all the little seeds were still there. I thought by blending things, the seeds were supposed to be blended as well. At any rate, I only drank a small amount and spit out as many seeds as I could and gave the rest of the smoothie to hubby. I was really nervous that the seeds would/will give me problems tomorrow morning. Am I being overly cautious or what? HELP
Janene

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A Smoothie Question new
      #95928 - 08/05/04 07:05 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Depending on how thick your smoothie turned out, could you strain it in something?
The seeds haven't bothered me yet, even blueberry seeds. They noticeably come back out (sorry for the yuck), but never trigger and attack. Some people most definately can't have them, so you kinda have to find out for yourself.
Oh, BTW- I am a D, don't know if you are D or C or if there is a difference between them with seeds.

--------------------
-Sheri

#95929 - 08/05/04 07:40 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hmm. I'm thinking you could maybe do the smoothie like this: puree the raspberries with whatever liquid you use, strain that to get the seeds out, then put it back in the blender, add the rest of the ingredients, and finish. If the smoothie comes out thick, that would be a way to avoid the seeds. But honestly, I've never had problems with seeds - I'm an A now, but I used to be a D.

Thanx Casey new
      #95931 - 08/05/04 07:56 PM
jeenerz

That's a real good idea; I'll try it next time, because it was soooo good, I'd hate to give it up. In the meantime, guess we'll see if the seeds that went down the 'pipe' cause any problems. I am a d and have always been able to do strawberries, but a couple of weeks ago, had some strawberry shortcake adn it didn't like me...could have been the cool whip, come to think of it.....hmmm
anyways, thanx for your suggestion
Janene

#95932 - 08/05/04 07:58 PM
jeenerz

I am also a d, and normally I used to be able to have any kind of berries, just within reason. But now with all the IBS, I'm abit leery. We'll see how the little I did drink tonight sets on the tummy by my morning problem time. I do think straining them would be a great idea if I do have problems. Thanx bunches
Janene

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review