All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
safe crackers and other foods?
      #5945 - 04/13/03 01:19 AM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

please forgive me for all the simple questions, but i want to start at back to basics. are any of the following safe or major triggers???

saltines (low sodium or plain)
club crackers (indicate low fat or regular)
melba toast
triscuits
ramen noodles (i'm a college kid, i can afford these
any kind of peanut butter (almond, soy nut, cashew, etc)
toppings such as those molly mcbutter toppings

pleaes feel free to add in any other safe crackers or snack foods. i need things i can take to class with me.

thanks in advance
amy- woman trying to reclaim some sort of a normal life hahaha

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: safe crackers and other foods? new
      #5947 - 04/13/03 02:51 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hey Amy,
Saltines are my life! lol. I remember when i was fourteen and i was afraid to eat EVERYTHING, I went on like a saltine diet for like a week straight (bad.... i know) The saltines I eat have 1.5grams of fat per serving (5 crackers) But, I think they come in a fat free brand too, if i remember correctly.
Ritz crackers agree with me too, but they are about 1 gram of fat per cracker (YIKES) I remember one time I was munching on them during a movie (they are very addictive) and by the time i was done, i ate apprx. 25 crackers. I was just like mmmmm these are so good, then i looked at the fat content and almost fainted. needless to say i paid my price!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#5951 - 04/13/03 06:58 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Amy - Angela (Concrete Angel) is right. Look out for the fat content. Try to buy low fat or FF (fat free) if possible.

Baked tortilla chips should be okay
Rice Cereals (rice chex) are very munchable/portable

Do you have Heather's books? She has some good recipes and you could make yourself some snacks and keep in the freezer and take out as needed. If you put them in separate zip top bags all you have to do is take them from the freezer, put in your backpack and by the time you're ready for the snack, it'll be defrosted.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#5980 - 04/13/03 04:24 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I can only tell you how my body reacts to the foods you've mentioned. Saltines are what I eat when I can't eat anything. I don't even need the fat-free kind; the regular ones are a potent stablizing force . Yay for saltines! I also eat a lot of low-fat peanut butter. That may have too much fat for some folks, but it works for me. (I'm a poor college student too!) As for Triscuits, I've avoided them on the belief that they contain whole wheat--check the label. Finally, you'll have to find a brand of ramen that's lactose-free (Top is good; Maruchan is very, very bad [read: makes me ill])--and if you find you're sensitive to MSG, you'll have to give up ramen completely, sorry . Other safe snack foods that come to mind include fruit-flavor Kellogg's Pop-Tarts (if you can tolerate them--they do contain high-fructose corn syrup); unsweetened applesauce; vanilla wafers; graham crackers; dry cereals such as Cinnamon Crispix; bananas; etc.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3110

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review