All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
egg whites
      #330490 - 06/02/08 07:49 AM
fritzybutterfly

Reged: 05/26/08
Loc: Texas

Hi everyone this is my first post, so let's hope I do this correctly. I have been using Heather's cookbook for a couple of weeks and I am a bit confused about the egg whites. I am using egg whites out of a carton. The serving size is 1/4 cup. If a recipe calls for 6 egg whites do I use 1 and 1/2 cups of the liquid egg whites? I made the cinnamon zucchinni bread and it seemed like alot of liquid, so I decreased it a bit. For future reference it would help to know exactly how much liquid is equal to the number of egg whites called for in a recipe. Thanks to anyone who can help clear this up.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: egg whites new
      #330507 - 06/02/08 04:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Welcome. It should say on the package how much equals one egg. I think for egg beaters 1 egg equals 1/4c. So one egg white would equal 1/8c of the egg whites in the carton. So 1 cup of that is 8 egg whites (4 eggs). 6 egg whites in a recipe would need 3/4c.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#330575 - 06/03/08 07:07 PM
fritzybutterfly

Thanks Little Minnie. I really appreciate your help. That is how I was doing it, but I wasn't sure if it was correct. Thanks so much

#330677 - 06/05/08 08:00 PM
fritzybutterfly

Hi! I'm sorry Little Minnie. I re-read your reply and realized that I was doing the egg whites all wrong b/c I was using 1/4 cup egg beater product for each egg white called for in a recipe. I guess that explains why I had way too much liquid for the Cinnamon Zuch. bread. Thanks again for your help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1080 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review