All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Chocolate Mousse new
      #320208 - 12/06/07 03:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have made this one. It is thick and rich.
1(16-ounce) package Azumaya Silken Tofu (drained)
12 ounces good quality semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate cut into small pieces, melted
2 to 4 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar if desired
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Blend well and chill.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#320212 - 12/06/07 06:57 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Oooohh I might just have to make this for a potluck xmas party coming up! This looks too good.

Just a question, is the 'powdered sugar' the same as icing sugar or confectioner sugar?

--------------------
Kat

Re: Chocolate Trifle (slightly revised) new
      #320227 - 12/07/07 08:24 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Okay, I've looked at the recipe. You'll need two envelopes of Dream Whip, and the layers go like this (starting from the bottom): cake, mousse, Dream Whip, chocolate pieces, cake, mousse, Dream Whip, chocolate pieces.

For the mousse, the recipe calls for a packaged mousse mix - I used the one by Dr. Oetker before. I looked at their website, and the products DO contain casein, but if you can tolerate small amounts of dairy, this would probably be fine made with soy milk, just like the Dream Whip.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#320255 - 12/07/07 04:10 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yes, it is. Different names for different places and recipes. All 3 names are the same. Superfine sugar is 'baker's sugar' in the US though.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8870

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review