All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Low-Fat Veggie Shepherd's Pie
      #320038 - 12/04/07 12:22 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I sort of invented this recipe on the weekend and thought it was very good! I'd even go so far as to say it was BETTER than regular ground beef Shepherd's Pie! Even my husband thought it was fantastic. The beauty of Shepherd's Pie of course is that you can experiment with whatever seasonings you like and still have it turn out great. And you really DON'T need butter and milk for mouth-watering mashed potatoes!

Low-Fat Veggie Shepherd's Pie

1 pkg veggie ground round (such as Yves Veggie Cuisine)
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup of hot water
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
a few dashes Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup of frozen corn
3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into smaller pieces
app. 1/4 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
a few dashes of garlic powder
salt
paprika

Bring potatoes to a boil in lightly salted water. Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray, and sauté onion and garlic until cooked. Add veggie ground round to pan, and, if necessary, SLOWLY add enough of the water to keep everything from sticking to the pan. Add Italian Seasoning and Worcestershire sauce, continue cooking until all is heated through. Place mixture in bottom of a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Top with the frozen corn (or, if you prefer, you can mix the corn through the "meat" mixture).

Preheat oven to 375 F. When potatoes are fork-tender, remove from heat and drain. Mash with garlic powder and broth, adding more or less broth until desired consistency is reached. You may add a little more salt, if you wish. Spread mashed potatoes over top of corn and "meat" mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes app. 4 servings.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Man... new
      #320171 - 12/06/07 07:53 AM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I haven't been on this board in a while. One look and you guys are making me want to cook and bake! Maybe I'll get time this weekend. Thanks for putting me in the mood!

Re: Man... new
      #320184 - 12/06/07 11:33 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Good I am glad I inspired you. Get some Silk pumpkin spice and make some of shell's eggnogg bread with it. I plan on making some cupcakes this weekend with it.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review