All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Big dinner party coming up, i need ideas...
      #308722 - 06/07/07 05:46 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

Next wednesday 6 friends (so total of 8) will be coming over for a dinner. My dinner party's have always been big and grand, but i havent had one since i started on Heather's diet. Stupid enough im feeling a bit scared on what to make. Since 2 of them are allergic to fish all seafood is out of the question so i guess i need to make chicken or turkey, but i want to do something cool with it, if you know what i mean. They know i can cook great so they kinda expect something special or interesting.

Sorry for rambling on, my point was: does anybody have any great idea's for starters, main dish + side dishes or dessert? There is so much on the index but since im looking for something special its looking for a needle in a haystack so to speak

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not chicken or turkey but... new
      #308761 - 06/07/07 03:34 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

One of the recipes I use for get-togethers that never fails me is Heather's Mushroom Stroganoff. I make garlic bread and add a salad and everyone's happy.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Big dinner party coming up, i need ideas... new
      #308775 - 06/07/07 07:21 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am trying to look over my recipe indexes. So far my recommendation is Chicken Louisa- adapted from Gourmet magazine. It is pounded chicken breasts sauteed and removed from pan then shallots and a little garlic and stock concentrate is added along with wine/stock. Then add chopped seeded tomatoes- yellow and red is wonderful- and simmer until soft- about 5 minutes. the original recipe called for cream but I use plain soy creamer. You could take some for yourself and then add cream to the others. Top with basil and serve over a small bed of angel hair pasta. This is only advised if you have good tomatoes available now. Steamed french green beans or asparagus is nice as a side. For a starter...hmm I am not sure yet. This recipe is sort of French not Italian and that makes it harder.
I made tofu/choc mousse for dessert a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit. It was very rich. White cake with berries is nice this time of year.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#308777 - 06/08/07 12:29 AM
Natalia82

Hmm sounds all good, ill go have a look at that tofu mousse desert. I suppose its in the index?

#308780 - 06/08/07 05:33 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

This is pretty much the recipe I used mousse
I think it looked lighter, maybe since I used different chocolate. Also I had to adapt the recipe because my tofu was not 16 oz but I think 12oz. I added some strong coffee with just a little vanilla and I served it in mini graham crusts from the store along with whipped topping. It was very rich and chocolately and it did not taste like tofu in the least! I think it isn't mousse-like but more french silk pie like and very thick. Also I ate too much and couldn't sleep that night.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#308790 - 06/08/07 07:42 AM
Natalia82

I decided to go with a simpel herb risotto as starter, with main taste garlic, then a chicken cooked in broth with peas, a recipe from Gordon Ramsay that looked good and lowfat. The dessert will be a strawberry cake, either frozen or normal.

Thnx for the recipes tho Minnie and Hoho, ill definitely try them out soon on one of my other dinner parties.

White berry cake and strawbery cake! new
      #308809 - 06/08/07 01:43 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I would love to have the recipe for the white berry cake and the frozen strwberry cake as well the both sound wonderful. thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review