All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Favorite no oven needed recipes
      #300883 - 02/27/07 02:27 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

My oven is out of commission and the repair guy won't even be out to look at it until Monday so I'd like to get some of your favorite "no oven needed" IBS recipes. I have a stovetop, a toaster, a crockpot, and an electric skillet. I do *not* have a toaster oven or microwave.

Boy, until my oven went kerflooey I didn't realize how much of what I cook requires it.

Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What's funny is... new
      #300888 - 02/27/07 04:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...I haven't turned on the oven in weeks, except to make brownies. Our dinners have been mostly stir-fries or other dishes made on the stovetop.

But, of course, right this second, I'm drawing a blank on what all I've been making. I might have to come back and post a couple more times, heh.

I've been making authentic Japanese ramen a lot, and I just realized with a search that dummy me never posted the recipe, so I'll definitely have to dig that one out. Like a lot of Japanese, the flavors are very subtle, so that may or may not be something you'd like.

Some other tasty ones from on here:

Bertucci's Rigatoni w/ chicken & broccoli or some such thing
Blackened Tilapia
Chicken cacciatore
This cinnamon sauce is delicious on any kind of cooked chicken, which means you can use it for simple poached or pan-fried chicken breast. I think it would work on shrimp, too.

More to come... going through the index to re-find my favorites is taking a while, but I'm too lazy to go digging for my recipe binder, heh.

Oh, my! new
      #300980 - 02/28/07 02:03 PM
Sand

The Bertucci's rigatoni sounds fabulous. And I haven't had Chicken Cacciatore in years. Thanks, Casey!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Favorite no oven needed recipes new
      #301083 - 03/01/07 07:38 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I love this recipe Chicken Strogonoff. I use the precooked chicken to make it. Hubby loves it!!

Thanks, Angela! -nt- new
      #301095 - 03/01/07 08:56 AM
Sand

--------------------

#301124 - 03/01/07 11:58 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

In the crockpot I frequently make Little Minnie's chicken paprikash and Kree's chicken stew. On the stovetop I make TessLouise's tunaburgers, various kinds of turkey burgers, tuna & noodles, and chicken teriyaki. I also used to make really easy sloppy joes a lot but now it's too much tomato for me to handle. pulled chicken is also now a no-no for me but it's fabulous and my husband loves it. Oh, and the easy baked beans recipe that you posted gets used at least once a week. Instead of baking it in an oven, we dump the beans in a pan on the stove, stir in the ketchup/mustard/brown sugar/vinegar, heat, and serve.

Go back to basics every once in awhile ... roll chicken or fish in flour, season liberally with salt and pepper, and fry in a wee bit of margarine or veggie shortening. (I spray the pan with Pam and then use maybe 1/2 T fat for every pound of meat.) I like to lace the chicken with garlic sometimes -- one of my husband's favorites.

Or you could just have jarred spaghetti and turkey hot dogs for the next week. That works too.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#301255 - 03/02/07 01:36 PM
Sand

I made LittleMinnie's Chicken Paprikash last night - it's a favorite of ours so thanks for reminding me of it. And I bought the fixings for chicken teriyaki so that's on the menu for the weekend.

Quote:

Or you could just have jarred spaghetti and turkey hot dogs for the next week. That works too.

That's very tempting but I'm in one of those whiny bored-with-food phases so I figure a couple of days of Ragu and turkey dogs and I'll be taking myself out for fettucine Alfredo.

--------------------

When you make this, Angela... new
      #301257 - 03/02/07 01:38 PM
Sand

do you use the full cup of soy sour cream or do you do the part soy sour cream, part soy yogurt variation?

--------------------

Re: What's funny is... new
      #301258 - 03/02/07 01:42 PM
Sand

I read your post more closely and when I got to this:

Quote:

I've been making authentic Japanese ramen a lot, and I just realized with a search that dummy me never posted the recipe, so I'll definitely have to dig that one out. Like a lot of Japanese, the flavors are very subtle, so that may or may not be something you'd like.

I cracked up for some reason. It reminded me of that Isaac Asimov quote:

Quote:

It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.

Anyhow, I bought the fixings for the Rigatoni so thanks again. I'm trying to look at this as an opportunity to expand my menu selections.

--------------------

Re: When you make this, Angela... new
      #301273 - 03/02/07 05:26 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I use the full cup of sour cream but I suppose you could do half and half. I know the sour cream has a lot of fat in it but with the serving you actually take I figure the fat is pretty evenly distributed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4289

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review