All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Easy baked turkey recipe anyone?
      #300776 - 02/26/07 09:40 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I'm going to bake a turkey breast tonight and have no idea how to do so. I saw mention of Heather's herb baked chicken on this board, but can't find the recipe (or cooking time/degree). I need to bake it in a way that is safe for getting stable. Thanks for your help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Easy baked turkey recipe anyone? new
      #300781 - 02/26/07 10:22 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Well, you can just rub some spices on it, put it in an oven bag (or don't put it if you don't want) and bake it like that. Do you have a thermometer? The temperature inside the turkey must reach a temperature of about 180 Fahrenheit so it's safe to eat (not just for IBS-ers, but all people).

Turkey breast is safe for IBS, since it is not fatty. You can eat it with whatever side you feel like. Skinny mashed potatoes, or rice with veggies.

About what spices to use, I can't give much advice, since my tastes are much different than anyone else's on this board (unless you're from eastern Europe in which case maybe we have some spice preferences in common).

Re: Easy baked turkey recipe anyone? new
      #300792 - 02/26/07 01:05 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you bought a whole turkey breast, you can try this: web page I love turkey cooked this way but if you're not yet stable I'd skip the gravy - it may be a too high in fat for you right now. And don't eat the skin.

If you bought a half-breast you can probably treat it pretty much like a giant chicken breast: marinate, then grill or bake; rub with spices, then grill or bake; and so on. I found this web page with info on cooking times. My guess - and it's only a guess - is that what they're calling a turkey breast roast is what I would call a half turkey breast.

Heather's Simple Herb Baked Chicken Breasts are very good and the technique would probably work well for turkey breast halves so long as you adjust the cooking time. Here's the recipe:

Heather's Simple Herb Baked Chicken (makes 4 servings)

4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breast with bone (I use ones without the bone)
4 teaspoons olive oil

Herb Rub:
1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
1 crushed bay leaf
1 teasponn dried crushed basil
1 teaspoon rubbed safe
1/4 teaspoon white pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken on a broiling rack in a large shallow pan. Brush each breast with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub generously with herb mix. Bake 40 minutes, covered with foil, basting occasionally.

HTH. Enjoy your dinner.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Thanks for the recipes! -nt new
      #300797 - 02/26/07 02:32 PM
Digby

I made it...delicious! new
      #300853 - 02/27/07 09:50 AM
Digby

I used a turkey tenderloin for the herb-baked chicken recipe and it was delicious! I used a salt-free spice blend that I have that has sage and thyme in it (among other spices.) I ate it with a baked potato. I'm on a restricted diet until I have my sigmoidoscopy tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

I'm so glad it turned out so well. Good luck with your test. -nt- new
      #300865 - 02/27/07 11:11 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2152

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review