All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
re: feeling adventurous
      #300758 - 02/26/07 12:53 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

in my state of 'must be more healthy' i bought some firm tofu chunks (it says refrigerate and eat from pack) and some tvp. what can i use these for? any hints guys? i thought i would have to cook the tofu so bit confused it says to eat cold!!!
can i make burger with the tvp? i keep trying to buy veggie burgers but they all seem to contain milk, eggs etc!!!
any help be great!!! i am very much a novice cook!!! i tried japanese food on sat night- yummy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: re: feeling adventurous new
      #300772 - 02/26/07 08:20 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Tofu absorbs whatever you put it in, or put into it, so you can eat it with just about anything; pastas, soups, salads, sauces, etc. If you get silken tofu, you can use it to make a creamy sauce. And yes, you can use tvp for burgers. Use egg whites as an emulsifier. There are several varieties of soy burgers. Most brands have several different flavors, and some of them have dairy/egg, some don't. I've had good luck with vegan burgers. I think Boca makes a vegan burger or two. Just be sure to check the ingredients, as I'm sure you already know, even in the vegan ones.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 391 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1122

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review