All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Sanwiches ideas anyone???
      #286141 - 10/12/06 08:10 AM
ponyfarm

Reged: 10/12/06

I can't tolerate soy products at all. Have to take cold lunches to work. Tired of tuna sandwiches and pastas. Anymore IBS safe cold sandwich or interesting cold lunch ideas for me?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sanwiches ideas anyone??? new
      #286143 - 10/12/06 08:45 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Turkey and chicken are safe - deli breast meat sliced, or chopped up and made into salad. If you can handle the raw veggies, have lettuce and tomato on it. Safe condiments are lite/fatfree mayo, barbecue sauce, mustards, and fatfree dressings.

You could also make egg salad - hardboil eggs, discard the yolks, chop up the whites, then mix with mayo, a smidge of mustard, and whatever else you normally put in salads.

One of the most delicious sandwiches I've ever had was a hot one, but the leftovers, cold, were amazing too, so I think it would work. It was a Gardenburger (non-soy), topped with raw spinach, avocado slices, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and a generous spread of hummus, all on a good bulkie roll. It really even would have been good WITHOUT the Gardenburger - it was definitely there for substance, not flavor.

#286146 - 10/12/06 09:11 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't have any sandwich ideas, but I like appetizers for lunch sometimes. There are a lot of hummus recipes on the Index - Shell's Artichoke Hummus is fabulous and so easy. I also like the White Bean and Almond Dip from the EFI cookbook. Cold boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce (if you can tolerate it) and a roll is yummy, too. HanSolo's Asian Rice Salad is great hot, room temperature, and cold. For protein you can eat a little cold chicken on the side - with chutney if you like that. In fact, cold chicken with chutney and some nice bread makes a great lunch, too.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#286381 - 10/13/06 08:28 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I've been on a white pita bread kick lately. I stuff it with deli chicken or turkey breast. In the mornings I've been making egg whites and filling the pita with that. I like hummus on anything.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#286576 - 10/15/06 06:02 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Smoked fish (salmon, trout, whitefish,...) on rye bread or a bagel with some thinly sliced cucumber is delicious and IBS safe. I second the suggestion of hummus. I also bring lots of peanut butter and jam sandwiches to work, but that only works for me because I was brought up to spread the peanut butter pretty thinly.

--AC

Re: Also, mix up your breads!!! new
      #287254 - 10/20/06 01:40 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Go for a pita, bagel or an English muffin or a tortilla (all white of course), but it keeps the old sandwich from getting too boring.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#287390 - 10/21/06 06:21 PM
Smiling Strange

Reged: 07/13/06
Loc: Florida, USA

I like to make PB&J sandwiches out of Better'n Peanut Butter.

#288081 - 10/26/06 03:53 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

There's a yummy Mock Tuna Salad Recipe in the Index that I make ALL the time. In fact, I think it's on my menu for lunch tomorrow! It's made with garbanzo beans, but I basically puree them in a food processor to make them "safer" rather than just mashing them.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#292638 - 12/05/06 09:29 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

1) What about a Turkey w/stuffing sandwich, or stuffing not safe?

2) When you make egg saled, how much mayo do you use? I would be concerned it would too bland with no fat mayo or a trigger with lite mayo, because you need about 3-5 spoons of mayo for egg salad.

3) Are smoked salmon, fish always safe?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#292690 - 12/06/06 08:48 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Fish, including salmon are safe, and probably your best bet for a tastier sandwich. Canned tuna and salmon are easy options.

I never use more than 1tbsp of mayo, and I've used both light mayo, and veganaise. Both tasted great. To make an egg salad sandwich more tasty try onions or garlic, or other spices.

As for the stuffing, it depends what is in it, how it was made.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 666 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4326

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review