All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi new here and got question about peantbutter and new ceral!
      #283812 - 09/25/06 08:15 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi eveyone i'm new here i have lived with ibs for about 8 years now was stable for 5 or so and now its back worse than ever. do you ever get tired of the same old thing?
Iwas wondering is the new organic rice crispies safe? and what about marshmellow fluff and peanutbutter? thanks for all your help feel free to e-mail me with any tips or advice i'm at my ropes end it with this.god bless and thanks sheila tskemper@mchsi.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi new here and got question about peantbutter and new ceral! new
      #283819 - 09/25/06 08:42 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
well yes the same old thing does get boring sometimes I know but I figure it's worth it to be pain free and so much happier without it.
As for getting bored why not try some of the recipes here? there's loads on the recipe index see Heathers thread at the top of this board for a link. Get cooking and try things you haven't tried before... it can be really exciting
well I personally have problems with peanutbutter because of it's high fat content, However this doesn't mean to say you will so my advice is give it a go and see what happens. But BE CAREFUL I'm not suggesting just like giving a whole jar a go lol just have a little bit after a soluble fiber meal.
Rice krispies here in England are totally safe as far as I know cos they're just rice and sugar I think. Check the ingrediants list and watch out for anything that could be a trigger for you.
General advice-
GIve this website a good going over there is a whole lot of info here so if you can set aside some time like every time you can.
Also I would purchase Heather's books 'eating for ibs' and 'ibs the first year'- not sure if they are the exact titles but they are to that effect. That way you can get lots of information while in bed or in the bath or indeed on the toilet lol
Also- ask any questions you have on here or do a search cos someone is bound to have asked it before.
If you just need a rant go in the living room and let off steam it helps reduce stress and there are lots of lovely supportive people there.
OK that's all I have for now
take care
Godbless
Vicky

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review