Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Daredevil Summer Salad
      #263678 - 05/16/06 01:29 PM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

4 Omega-Zyme (digestive enzyme) tablets
6 Beano

Take these BEFORE you eat this salad for minimal to NO bloating or gas!!

Now, I'm calling this the 'Daredevil' Summer Salad for a reason. Read on and see why!!

1/2c Cherry tomatoes, approx. 4, diced
1/2c Mushroom, approx. 4-5 lg button, sliced
1/2c Kidney beans, canned is best, rinse in colander
1/2c Baby carrots, approx. 5-6, sliced
1/2c Cucumber, Asian or English variety are NEARLY burp-/gas-less, approx. 2.5" piece, diced
2tbs Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (I use reg. and not light versions to stay away from sweeteners, just in case!)

Once everything is all sliced and diced and rinsed, add it's all together, you will get 2.5c of food. Serves approx. 2.

I also like to boil a few Yukon gold potatoes (enough for a cup), dice them, AND two kiwifruit, diced, and add them all in. If you add the potato and the kiwi, you will get an addtl. 2 svgs.

Hope somebody tries it, likes it, and doesn't 'get hurt' from it!

I LOVE this recipe and am sooo glad I can eat this way for the Summertime with 'minimal hassle.' -- wink! wink! --

Cheers!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Daredevil Summer Salad new
      #263747 - 05/16/06 07:12 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well...that's a butt-buster. I'm concerned, however, about your dressing recommendation. Hidden Valley Ranch Light would probably cause an attack--doesn't it contain lots of dairy and whey and msg? How about a light balsalmic dressing, ideally homemade? Maybe a honey-dijon? (Maybe spike a dijon dressing with some poppyseeds--opiates--to handle the velocity of this salad suggestion?)

Are there any leafy greens in this salad?

Kate.

Agreed - for many people, the dressing isn't safe new
      #263818 - 05/17/06 05:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Otherwise, the salad sounds tasty... I'm going to try that!

I think there's a recipe in the index for a safe ranch dressing. Some IBS'ers are so sensitive to dairy (I'm one of them!) that even a tiny amount like that can be triggering.

Re: Feel Free to change the rec. to suit your own dietary needs :) !! + Dairy in Ranch Dressing new
      #263873 - 05/17/06 08:58 AM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

Feel free to add or subtract any ingredient INCLUDING the type of dressing that you use (or don't use any ).

Oddly enough, I'm good with SMALL amounts of dairy, eg. tbsp or so of Ranch on a salad, a small dollop of whipped cream on pie, real cream in coffee coffee? I know....

But I definitely cannot have ice cream, yogurt or a glass of milk. And I don't do well with block cheese. I can have a little shredded cheese on a taco or something. But I'm not so good with it otherwise.

Maybe it's all part of being an IBS-A, predom C. I am very lucky to eat most of what I do; I'm just as careful as possible with the IF's that I choose.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review