All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
butternut squash
      #232364 - 12/18/05 09:03 AM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

I've been have great fun (and success) with loads of recipes from the site. I love it.

I have just recently discovered butternut squash and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, about keeping it: can you freeze it raw? Or how long will it keep refrigerated - after microwaving it for 2-3 mins to make it easier to cut? I halved it, skinned it and sliced it in my processor. could I freeze it like that for making soups etc.?

And secondly, I see that pumpkin and sweet potato are interchangable in many recipes, can cooked butternut squash be used instead?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: butternut squash new
      #232423 - 12/18/05 03:17 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Isn't butternut squash wonderful? It keeps in the refrigerator for a very long time when it's raw, but I have no clue once it's partially cooked like that. Maybe someone else will have an idea. I'm assuming you can freeze it cooked, since some people do that with cooked, pureed pumpkin and then use it in pies, soups, etc.

And yes, it is interchangeble with pumpkin! They are both from the squash family.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: butternut squash new
      #232435 - 12/18/05 03:54 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I've never tried to freeze Butternut squash, but I have zucchini. I froze it in 2 cup measurement for a specific recipe. When I defrosted it I only had 1 1/2 cups of squash, the rest was water! So if you are measuring your frozen amount add a little extra.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review