All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
can anyone help with canned salmon recipes?
      #222395 - 11/01/05 01:01 AM
catnapt

Reged: 10/21/05
Loc: NH

hi
i think i should tell you up front, i am disabled and on a fixed income, so there are many things i simply can not afford.

i also have GERD and TMJ and those both affect what i eat (almost no raw veggies/fruits, nothing spicy, etc)

i like canned salmon, but i never know what to do with it except eat it plain from the can

i would like to add bits of salmon to a pasta dish, preferably something creamy (even the word creamy seems to soothe my GERD!! LOL)

its just me, so it can't be a meal for four, either, as so many are- pasta just does not freeze well.

i could use any sort of suggestions- even if its what to put with some plain salmon on cracker, i immediately think, "cucumber" but i cannot eat cucumbers.

thanks
althea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: can anyone help with canned salmon recipes? new
      #222404 - 11/01/05 04:38 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Alas, I do not have a recipe handy, but what about salmon patties? Maybe a crab cake recipe could be modified to use salmon? Try a search. There may be a salmon patty floating around here.

Re: can anyone help with canned salmon recipes? new
      #222406 - 11/01/05 04:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

This is a favourite of mine. Just reduce the ingredients for anything that makes too much! Or remember that although pasta doesn't freeze well, most sauces do.

Btw, the lemon never bothered my GERDs in this recipe, but you could always reduce the amount.

And on crackers, how about salmon and sliced avocado? Or salmon and ratatouille (you can omit the tomatoes to make it more GERDs friendly). Or cook up some veggies, puree them to make a paste and put that on your crackers with salmon.

And the creamiest dairy-free pasta sauce I've ever tried is Heather's Butternut Squash sauce (with Linguine in EFI), This freezes great btw. And you could always make it butternut squash and salmon sauce! Or try messing around with roux's and soy milk.

I really like this one!... new
      #222508 - 11/01/05 10:02 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Salmon Patties

One thing I noticed though, is that it helps to add a little bit of egg white or egg beaters to hold them together!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review