All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Pumpkin smoothie, rissotos, ooooh, thanks! Some Q's... new
      #221810 - 10/28/05 10:20 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

If you cannot have rice/soy/almond/oat milk, is there another way to make a smoothie? That sounded GOOD!!! How about blending some pumpkin puree with ice cubes and some pears or dates to sweeten it up a bit? Too bad you can't have cinnamon, but I at least you can have some pretty sweet and tasty fruits!

Is there a way to make a veggie stock exclusively with the veggies I listed to go with a risotto? I can't put things like celery in a soup anymore! I'm sure if you follow any veggie stock recipe, just substituting a mix of your vegetables and herbs, it would be fine. And delicious! Here's a recipe you could try; it seems flexible as far as adding whatever herbs and spices you like and can eat:

10 cups water
4 thin-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and halved
8 mushrooms, cleaned
2 carrots, unpeeled, scrubbed
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 teaspoon coarse salt
add whatever other herbs you like or can tolerate

In a large stockpot, combine water, potatoes, mushrooms, leeks, carrots, garlic, salt, herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 90 minutes. Strain, removing all solids. Let cool. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for long term storage. Makes 8 servings.

Also, since you mentioned you can eat meat/fish, can you have chicken broth? I really like Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth (it's FF), which contains Organic Chicken, Seat Salt, Organic Chicken Flavor, Organic Potato Dextrose, Organic Onion Powder, Tumeric - oh, you can't have the last two ingredients.

You are WONDERFUL, thank you sooooo much *hugs* I've been spending a lot of time going through old recipes, and I should be thanking you for all the wonderful ideas you've posted. Your avocado and sardine ideas came in handy during the hot summer! Take care!

Ruch

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Combining IC and IBS, I need recipe help!!! new
      #221813 - 10/28/05 10:28 AM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Stupid Question - but what does IC stand for? I couldn't find it on the abbreviations list.

#221831 - 10/28/05 11:56 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

IC stands for interstitial cystitis. It has NOTHING to do with IBS (however MANY folks with IC ALSO have IBS. Other than that, no connection). Sorry to confuse you!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#221844 - 10/28/05 12:17 PM
m_odonnell

Thanks - I know or can figure out most of the abbrevations, but I never heard of that. I am sorry you have to go through both. The doctors are still determining what is actually wrong with me. The last diagnoses was ulcerative colitis, IBS and tummy ulcers (among other things). I know how frustrating it is to find recipes that combine all the different diets for each condition.

#221846 - 10/28/05 12:25 PM
m_odonnell

BTW try the recipe I listed online for Zippy Shrimp Linguine - just omit the vegis you can't have, the pepper flakes, and instead of fresh parley use oregano and basil. I saw garlic up there in the spices you can have - so does that mean you can have minced garlic or just garlic powder?

#221871 - 10/28/05 03:20 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Just substitute veggies you can eat in the recipes.

Winter squash has A LOT of SF--something like nearly 6 g/cup, cooked, cubed.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Pumpkin smoothie, rissotos, ooooh, thanks! Some Q's... new
      #221872 - 10/28/05 03:39 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

"Faux-tatoes" (pureed cauliflower) is WONDERFUL!!! You can do some fabulous curries with cauliflower/carrots/potatoes. Pumpkin/squashes can be sweet or savory and mix well with grains. Pureed broccoli/potatoe/onions--Maria mentioned a recipe--is fabulous. You can do so many things with mushrooms.

I agree with Melissa--just experiment in the kitchen, substituting what you can eat for what you cannot in recipes.

Have fun!

Squash soup is divine. Baked squash is delicious!!!

Kate, IBS-D.

#222312 - 10/31/05 12:53 PM
holly36

Reged: 10/06/05

can you eat rice or pasta? with all those yummy veggies on your list you can make some great pasta sauces and veggie stir fries!! I've got lots of ideas, just let me know if you can eat rice/pasta in terms of meat/fish...any combination of herbs patted on top of a piece of fish or chicken baked in the oven will be very flavourful. My fave chicken is: rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic with a spritz of cooking spray, cover with foil and bake in a 325 oven for about 40 minutes. Serve it with mashed sweet potatoes with apple sauce and cinnamon...you won't miss the butter, I swear. Good luck

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7058

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review