All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy Cheese
      #217915 - 10/06/05 06:11 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

I have been having such a craving for pizza lately I havent had any type of cheese in about 6 months. I have been looking for a soy cheeses but I have not found any in the small town thta I live in (plus this is Texas and Soy is almost unheard of here) Can anyone recommened a website or store that I can buy soy cheese from? Can anyone also recommened a brand I havent tasted any and I really do not want to go through the trouble of tasting and failing. I am craving pizza so bad but all I am missing is the cheese!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

they are not so good new
      #217936 - 10/06/05 07:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I pretty much avoid the fake cheeses as it is usually disappointing. I try to make things that I don't miss cheese in. I will use a little in a fajita or something, but I would never make nachos for instance. There is a cheeseless pizza in the frozen section but it is not so good. I am very sorry about this!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Soy Cheese new
      #217966 - 10/07/05 06:17 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I found some Lisanatti soy cheddar at Whole Foods that was really good. It didn't taste EXACTLY like the real deal, but it was very close and melted well in the chimichanga recipe it used.

I think Lisanatti makes a soy mozarella, too, but I've not tried it.

Have you tried the Galaxy brand moz? The moz. slices are acceptable. Their cheddar slices & chunks on the other hand...EEEWWWWW!

Have it without! new
      #218012 - 10/07/05 08:33 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm hopeless at making pizza at home, but when I go out I often order a vegetarian pizza with no cheese...and it's yummy! It's surprising how good they can taste without the cheese. And some restaurants will give you extra toppings if you order no cheese too.

Tons of Soy in Houston! new
      #218016 - 10/07/05 08:39 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Kroger...Randalls...HEB...all carry soy products. Perhaps going into San Antonio would be of benefit to you? Does San Antonio have a Central Market or Whole Foods?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#218076 - 10/07/05 12:19 PM
LLL

Reged: 01/30/03

Amy's soy cheese pizza is safe and I do like the way it tastes. I wish I could find out what kind of soy cheese they're using so I could buy it in bulk and put it on everything! I was just in Texas and picked one up at Safeway (health food aisle, frozen food section). I usually add stuff to it before I bake, such as, chopped So Soya (which I buy online), chopped black olives and mushrooms. I always set the soy parmesan on the table and never end up using it if that tells you anything. It also sort of reminds me of the Friday pizza lunch they served in the school cafeteria or the frozen pizzas we'd eat in college after a long night of fun. Not exactly Pizza Hut, but it does the trick.

#218101 - 10/07/05 01:19 PM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I feel your pain...I live in the middle of no where. We have a tiny health food store here (I am so happy I found it!). Does anyone know of any websites to order soy products from? There is absolutly no where within 4 hours of here that carries total soy cheese - they all have casein.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 536 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review