Loc: Houghton; MI

Does anyone know of a IBS safe recipe for shepherd pie? thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for all yall in the UK new
      #214825 - 09/20/05 05:35 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm not from the UK, but I love this recipe!

Turkey Shepherd's Pie

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I also have a UK food question new
      #214829 - 09/20/05 06:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

What is the name of those little oaty, sweet wrapped desserts that are everywhere? Sometimes they have a little jam on the inside. I forgot the name and it is driving me crazy!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#214865 - 09/20/05 08:14 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I usually make mine up as I go along, but it's almost exactly like your recipe, Kree. Great minds think alike!

I add mushrooms to mine, and sometimes peas... I also try to use real potatoes, mashed, if I have time, rather than the instant; they really do make a difference!

#214980 - 09/21/05 12:56 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Great minds do think alike, Casey! Thanks for reminding me... I usually throw some peas in with the turkey mixture, too. Probably about a cup, but I don't measure.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

bump for Brits- I am still wondering about this! -nt new
      #215514 - 09/23/05 06:37 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

HobNobs? They are oaty biscuits (cookies) in the UK -nt- new
      #215570 - 09/24/05 10:27 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I love hobnobs but that is not it new
      #215614 - 09/24/05 05:51 PM
Little Minnie

These things are like bars (kind of like a rice krispy bar with oats instead of rice) and are gooey and can be buttery or fake buttery. they were absolutely everywhere and I had some good ones and some bad. the first one I found was IBS ok but I am not sure about the other ones. I thought they had oat in the title but I am not sure. I wish I could remember. Oh wait! I had a journal I will look it up!

--------------------

can't find my journal- nt new
      #215615 - 09/24/05 05:55 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Re: I love hobnobs but that is not it new
      #215748 - 09/25/05 03:09 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Hey there, well all I can think you mean is Flapjacks, they're made with butter, golden syrup and sugar and are extremely yummy, though usually high in fat! Alot of the shop bought ones dont contain dairy but like I say they're usually high in fat. Alot of the HFS sell them in different flavours sometimes they'll have a chocolate or yoghurt flavoured topping on them or you can get them with fruit such as dried apricots or apple and sultana. I have tried making them IBS safe before substituting the half the fat with applesauce, they're ok but you can taste the apple and its not quite the same, let me know if you want a recipe.
I cant really think of anything else oaty, unless you mean tracker bars but I'm not sure if they're rice or oats!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review