All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
T.V. Dinners
      #20244 - 09/10/03 07:01 PM
MICHAELA

Reged: 08/22/03

Has anyone had any luck in finding safe to eat T.V. dinners?
If so what can you recommend.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: T.V. Dinners new
      #20253 - 09/10/03 08:20 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Amy's makes a dairy-free vegetable pocket with tofu that's very good (I've even fed bites to folks at work who aren't exactly "tofu people"). Their Mexican tamale pie is also good, if you can handle beans. They make a dairy-free macaroni-and-cheese, which is fine on an occasional basis IF you can handle the whole-wheat flour in the noodles and the casein in the cheese.

Tabatchnik makes terrific frozen soups. I like their vegetable with barley, sweet-and-sour cabbage, and chicken with noodles and dumplings, and their mushroom-barley is okay. I don't like their old-fashioned potato soup, though (with a broth instead of a dairy base)--it's gluey.

HanSolo recommended some of the Michelina's Asian-style (read: dairy-free) frozen meals.

Good luck!

Re: T.V. Dinners new
      #20411 - 09/11/03 06:47 PM
Ash

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Bellevue, WA

Uncle Ben's makes a sweet and sour rice bowl which is pretty good. It has a lot less sodium than a lot of the other frozen meals. I like to put a little Sriracha (Thai hot sauce, you can find it in the Asian aisle at some grocery stores) in it for a little extra zip.

Tabatchnik???? Where?? new
      #20469 - 09/12/03 08:25 AM
Olivia

Reged: 08/20/03
Loc: Detroit, Mi

TessLouise,

Where can you find Tabatchnik foods? I love soup and any good one to buy is great. I typed the name in to look for the website to locate stores, but had no luck.

Thanks,
Olivia

Re: Tabatchnik???? Where?? new
      #20650 - 09/13/03 06:43 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I buy the Tabatchnik soup in the frozen foods aisle at the local Publix grocery store (it's a chain in the south--I doubt it's in Michigan). If your local grocery store doesn't carry the soup, ask at the customer service desk if they'd be willing to order it for you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 530 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1963

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review