All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
italian restaurant
      #197220 - 07/19/05 09:59 AM
Maddie

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Boston , MA

hi everyone! my husband and I have been invited to a italian restaurant in the north end of boston this sat, there wouldnt be anything safe to eat there right? im still not good at getting my eating under control, but im trying my hardest..was just sick this morning but i ate nothing wrong?? should we just decline the invite?

thanks!
Maddie

--------------------
Thanks,
Maddie

-------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: italian restaurant new
      #197236 - 07/19/05 10:17 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hi Maddie,
You should probably post this question on the IBS Diet board, since you won't get many responses on the recipe board.

You should do fine at an Italian restaurant. Just apply the same eating rules that you do anywhere else. Some sort of pasta with grilled chicken in a white wine garlic and oil (light) sauce would be fine. Shrimp would also be fine, as would any fish (except maybe salmon, which can be high in fat). Stay away from salad, and eat all the bread on the table. Skip the wine, drink water with no ice. If you want soup, pasta e fagioli would be fine (white beans in vegetable soup). Chew everything slowly and carefully, don't overeat.

Are you C or D? If you are D, take an immodium beforehand.

Skip dessert; just order some peppermint tea.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#197239 - 07/19/05 10:20 AM
Maddie

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Boston , MA

thank you Amanda, Im D, i took 4 immodium today, by sat i guess it would be safe to take more.. you're right I should post in there. I keep posting in the wrong place..thank you for your advice!!

--------------------
Thanks,
Maddie

-------
IBS-D

#197389 - 07/19/05 02:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Maddie.. I'm from boston as well.. and the north end, how authentic italian.

I'd just follow what amanda said. I can't remember if she mentioned this, but anything with tomato sauce should also be ok, as long as its not covered in mozzeralla cheese or something along those lines.

shrimp scampi light oil, linguine with clam sauce, pasta primavera (veggies) with tomato or light oil and garlic would also probably be ok.

--------------------

#197398 - 07/19/05 02:13 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

As long as you don't have acid reflux, I second Ashley's idea about something with a tomato/marinara sauce. That's what I usually get because many other sauces are either milk-based or contain lots of oil. But when I stick with marinara dishes that contain chicken or fish I'm fine. I just make sure that if there's meat it's either grilled or sauteed without much oil.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1376

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review