All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Recipes?
      #195479 - 07/14/05 06:14 AM
Butterflycake

Reged: 07/14/05

Hi, Im looking for a recipe for something chocolate, like cupcakes or truffles or just plain chocolates with creamy fillings thats been given the ok for ibs Also im a vegan so no animal or animal products plz any info will help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Recipes? new
      #195484 - 07/14/05 06:47 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

If you check out Vegweb I'm sure they some safe recipes for chocolate cakes, etc. Just make sure you replace some of the oil or margarine with applesauce if they're too high in fat. I'm not vegan, so I don't have any particular recipes to recommend, but I have found some great recipes on that site. Good luck!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Recipes? new
      #195769 - 07/14/05 04:23 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Hi, Im looking for a recipe for something chocolate, like cupcakes or truffles or just plain chocolates with creamy fillings thats been given the ok for ibs Also im a vegan so no animal or animal products plz any info will help

I'm not sure if your "with creamy fillings" applies only to the "plain chocolates". If so, then you might try Vegan Fudge (read through the whole thread - it starts off talking about a mix but there's a recipe in there somewhere).

Also, there's a recipe for Tofu Brownie Snacks, which look vegan to me.

I don't know how well vegan egg substitutes work, but there are some chocolate dessert recipes in the Recipe Index you could try if you think an egg substitute will give you a decent result. ADBs are a Board favorite and I just ran across Spice Cocoa Cupcakes - they don't have creamy filling, but they do seem to have drizzle.

There are a lot of chocolate recipes in the Recipe Index, so if these don't suit, maybe you can find one that you like the look of.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1200

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review