All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
This sounds strange but..... new
      #194243 - 07/11/05 01:00 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

my mom makes it a lot for parties, and everyone loves it so that now I swear it's at every party I go now: friends, other family members, etc.
Not entirely IBS safe, but the general population seems to like it. You take pickles and cut them up, cut up some ham into slices. Spread cream cheese on the ham, and wrap around a peice of pickle, stick a toothpick through it to hold together. it may sound gross, but trust me it's good!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This sounds strange but..... new
      #194248 - 07/11/05 01:07 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

my mom makes it a lot for parties, and everyone loves it so that now I swear it's at every party I go now: friends, other family members, etc.
Not entirely IBS safe, but the general population seems to like it. You take pickles and cut them up, cut up some ham into slices. Spread cream cheese on the ham, and wrap around a peice of pickle, stick a toothpick through it to hold together. it may sound gross, but trust me it's good!

This is what both Mom & Sister said to take....my Mom makes these all the time... but use pickled asparagus in place of the pickle...they are sooo yummy, but she also slices them into little coins too... like the tortilla roll ups.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Finger Food Ideas - To Take To Out Of Town Reunion Picnic new
      #194535 - 07/12/05 09:25 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

How about hummus or baba ganush or something like that and safe dippers, i.e. mini pitas etc.? I like the fruit kabob idea. You could also do something similar with cocktail shrimp. Maybe make some A.D.B.'s? Can you pick-up or homeroll some sushi? The last time I attended a picnic gathering, I brought assorted sushi and it was a hit.

Re: Finger Food Ideas - To Take To Out Of Town Reunion Picnic new
      #194565 - 07/12/05 10:07 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks again everyone.... I was talking with my Sister and I think what I'm gonna bring is meat, cheese, crackers, & ground mustard in a squirt bottle... I can get both beef (not IBS safe) & turkey (so I can have some) , I will skip eating the cheese (not IBS safe), and will get a few different kinds of baked crackers for everyone. I have a plastic tray that I will set on top of another pan that I will fill with ice for the meat and cheese and I have a cute basket for crackers. I will buy everything in advance and cut it up and put in ziplocks.... I will put ice in the cooler before we leave home and then can change the ice when we get to the hotel and again in the morning. Shane's parents have an ice machine and larger cooler we will take TO the picnic!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 621 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review