All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Recipes for Mexican rice?
      #188363 - 06/22/05 01:46 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I'm making Heather's refried lentils and would like to serve it with soy cheese quesadillas and Mexican-flavored rice. Any suggestions on how to flavor plain white rice so it's Mexican style? Especially white rice that is already cooked?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Recipes for Mexican rice? new
      #188409 - 06/22/05 05:07 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Here is the way I do it- pretty crappy .
I use long grain rice and cook in some broth and water mixed. I add some cumin for sure and cayenne/chili powder is optional. Or you can put a can of diced tomatoes with whatever flavor you want. Black olives can go in too. You can top with soy cheese if desired. But whatever you do add cumin!
Caution, diced tomatoes with green chilis are very spicy.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Recipes for Mexican rice? new
      #188539 - 06/23/05 06:44 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Here's one I posted last month web page . It does have you mix everything in when you cook the rice but I don't see why you couldn't add the seasoning after. I used salsa instead of diced tomatoes whne I've made it so maybe you could just mix salsa, if you can handle it, into the rice.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1086

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review