All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What's Cooking? - Week of 6/6/05 - RESULTS!
      #184534 - 06/08/05 06:54 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I *just* made the Rice Salad (in one of) 216 Ways ... I used jasmine rice instead of basmati, and fresh mango instead of avocado. I did use the full amount of grape tomatoes, but skipped the jalapeno and added some green Tabasco instead. It's not fully chilled yet, but it is tasty! I think I will sprinkle it with chopped fresh parsley, and it'll go really well with grilled chicken for dinner tonight.

Thanks for posting that one, Melissa! It's great stuff because it's so versatile - you can throw together a good summer side dish with whatever you have on hand, basically.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 6/6/05 - RESULTS! new
      #184836 - 06/08/05 03:54 PM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

This week my boyfriend made Heather's Thai Fried Rice with Cilantro and Shrimp. I think he wanted to make sure there was leftovers in the fridge, so I'd eat well while he's gone. He's sweet!

The recipe called for a large amount of fish sauce (I think I/2 cup or so). Unfortunately it was way too salty for me. We cooked more rice and added it to the leftovers, which made it much less salty. I'd try it again, but I'd have to play with the ingredients a bit.

--------------------
Lins

#185480 - 06/10/05 11:15 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Well, I made the Great Key Lime Pie last night. It was alot of work cause I sqeezed fresh key limes to get the 1/2 c key lime juice (not sure if that was what I was supposed to do). It seemed alittle bitter, tart? Not sure what word I am looking for, but was good. But, it seemed to have a sickly taste by the end when I ate a whole piece. I also got an attack first thing in the morning from it, probably cause the high fat content. I am ok now, I knew it was a possibility, especially cause I haven't been feeling so well lately. I would have tried making it whenI was more stable, but I already had all the ingredients, and didn't know how long it was before my limes would go bad.
So, if you are sensitive to fats, I would be careful with this one!

--------------------
-Sheri

#185520 - 06/10/05 12:55 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm so sorry the key lime pie bothered you!! I agree, it's not the safest if you're not stable. What a bummer, though. As for using your own limes, I wonder if that's why it was bitter. Key lime juice is slightly different from regular lime juice, although I'm not sure how. Maybe it's a little sweeter? Not sure.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#185657 - 06/11/05 07:34 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Oooh! Someone tried one of my recipes!!

I'm glad you liked it. I've still never tried this one! Maybe it'll have to be one of my What's Cooking?'s one week.

I couldn't participate this week. It's been a hectic one! Hoping to have a better chance next week.

#185671 - 06/11/05 08:45 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made the Orange Marmalade Marinade last night and used it for chicken. It was good. Next time I think I'll up the orange marmalade or decrease the soy sauce/rice wine vinegar - I'd like to taste more orange-ness. And I think it would be good on salmon, too.

We grilled outside. I did reduce the marinade and use it as sauce for the chicken, but that didn't do much for me - I preferred just the chicken marinated and grilled, no sauce.

Thanks, Kree - it was great to try a grill recipe considering the weather.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Like to edit my results... new
      #185952 - 06/13/05 06:18 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I took the pie to my friends' house, and they all tried it. Everyone LOVED it! My one friend wants the recipe, and one girl said she would PAY me to make one! Some of them vouldn't believe it was vegan, either. They said it tasted just like Key Lime pie.

So, it was a winner! Just probably won't eat it myself.

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 683 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2697

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review