All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
General Tso's Sauce
      #183754 - 06/05/05 05:02 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I absolutely LOVE General Tso's (or Gau's) Chicken from Chinese restaurants. Since being diagnosed with IBS I try to stay away from Chinese restaurants now. Anyway, I was in my local mall a couple days ago and saw a new store had opened up called Le Gourmet Chef. I found some General Tso's Sauce there that is AMAZING. I made it with cubed chicken breast sauteed in a skillet. After the meal I ran back to the mall to pick up some more of this sauce. The ingredients are sugar, naturally brewed soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, sea salt), water, vinegar, food starch (modified), tomato paste, fresh garlic, dried garlic, red peppers, expeller pressed soybean oil, dried minced onions. If this sounds like something you can tolerate, I HIGHLY recommend it! I will be raving about this for weeks!!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: General Tso's Sauce new
      #183760 - 06/05/05 05:23 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I LOVE Le Gourmet Chef. There is one in an outlet mall about an hour away from me, and I spend hours in there everytime I go! THey have so many yummy samples, and I always end up buying many of the sauces they have out to sample. This last weekend I went there and bought a ton of different grilling sauces for Father's Day gifts The pineapple ginger sauce (by Stonewall Kitchen) is TO DIE FOR. It is IBS-safe too and oh so yummy! I hoep my dad uses it to grill up some fish while I'm there

I haven't tried the General Tso's sauce, but I'll have to give it a go!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#183876 - 06/06/05 07:55 AM
DarleneE

Reged: 05/31/05
Loc: Clintonville, WI

Hi!
Is this the sauce you bought?? I looked up "Le Gourmet Chef" on Alta Vista & found this...

http://www.legourmetchef.com/product.php?category=10&page=3&product=804#

Please let me know!
Take Care,
DarleneE

#183935 - 06/06/05 10:36 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

That's not the same one. I couldn't find the exact one on their website. The one I bought was Asian Fortune General Tso's Sauce. On the bottle it says made exclusively for Le Gourmet Chef. I'm not sure why it's not on the website - maybe it's a new product. The Iron Chef one that you found looks very similar. If you try it, let me know!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1499

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review