All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
'you'd better get a plate' noodle bowl
      #181100 - 05/25/05 08:27 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

I stayed home today (too tired to go to school), and I was itching for a nice pasta.

1 cup assorted diced veggies (I used frozen peas, onions, carrots, celery, peppers...you all know what you can eat).
2 tbsp olive oil
2 packs MSG free ramen (you can also use rice noodles and some extra seasonings)
1 generous squirt of honey (I'd say about 2-3 tbsp, whatever you'd prefer)
dash of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of chinese five spice

Bring water to a boil for the ramen

Cook the veggies in the oil until translucent, or until desired tenderness. Add honey, spices, seasonings. Mix well. Turn off heat.

Cook ramen in water with one of the seasoning packets. Drain, and with a little water left over in the pot (or just add some), put in the second seasoning packet. Stir, and then mix in the veggies.

I'm a wierd IBSer, so some of these ingrediants might NOT be safe for you. Adjust to your diet needs.

But seriously, get a plate, or a REALLY big bowl! I tried to fit this into a bowl, and well...now I need to wash the floor

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yum! new
      #181103 - 05/25/05 08:44 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That just might end up being dinner tonight... sounds like comfort food to me. Yum.

I don't know what ramen noodles you buy, but for the sake of reference for anyone else who reads this thread... I found a fantastic and SAFE ramen noodle brand at the health food store. It's called KOYO, and not only is it MSG-free, but the noodles are low-fat, and they come in tasty flavors like lemongrass-ginger, which is my favorite (and seems like it would work *really* well for this recipe).

Re: Yum! new
      #181116 - 05/25/05 10:28 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

You might want to adjust the measurements to suit your tastes...I enjoy really sweet noodles, with lots of spice.

I'll be on the lookout for those noodles for sure...the ones I buy aren't so great, texture and pricewise!

Re: 'you'd better get a plate' noodle bowl new
      #181148 - 05/25/05 11:21 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey Isa, how are ya gal?

ramen new
      #181216 - 05/25/05 02:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have been wondering if there is safe ramen noodles. I know they are generally fried. I used to eat them a lot with some peas (for about 15 years LOL). I have heard of baked ones but have not looked yet.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: ramen new
      #181375 - 05/26/05 11:16 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I generally just use rice noodles instead. I get the really fine ones, like rice vermecilli - you're supposed to soak them for a bit first, but after that they only take literally a few mins to cook. AND they're really just as cheap as ramen noodles!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 825 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2250

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review