All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dessert for a party on Friday
      #179977 - 05/18/05 09:33 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

We are having an open house on Friday, and I'm trying to come up with food to serve. I mean, I don't necessarily have to be able to eat *all* of it, but it sure is nice to have something to look forward to.

Since it is an open house, I'm trying for it all to be finger food. We have ALLOT of food already planned, but the only thing we have for dessert so far is brownies (and fruit). We are having all kinds of chips and dips and salsas ( 7 different crazy dip mixes so far...) and 4 breads, and then 3 more different sweet/ fruity type breads. Pretzels, cheese cubes, Amy's no cheese pizza cut into tiny squares, chocolate dipped strawberries, veggie tray, and probably some other things that I can't remember right now because I left my list downstairs. Oh! And turkey barbeque with these cute "silver dollar" size buns.

At any rate, I'm really excited about it, I just wish I had some more dessert options. I don't want anything really fancy, and preferably just finger food so we dont' have to serve forks or anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

my candied nuts are always a hit... new
      #179992 - 05/19/05 05:15 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and so are merengue kisses... and though they take up the oven overnight they aren't that hard to make if you have a mixer...

4 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
1 cup sugar

beat until STIFF peaks form
pipe or spoon onto cookie sheet
bake in 200 degree oven for 2 hours and leave in it until completely cooled or overnight. Store in an airtight container

you can fold chocolate bits, nuts or all kinds of other things into them ground fine (not too moist or it will make them soggy though)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Vanilla Sugar new
      #180092 - 05/19/05 11:32 AM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Mmmm! That sounds delicious!

What is vanilla sugar? Can you by that in a regular grocery (Walmart, or something?)? Is in the sugar/ flour, etc. aisle?

Thanks!

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review